Sometimes I miss the previous database

Sometimes it happens to me that I do not complete the upload of an activation or unintentionally end it prematurely.

In the previous version of the database, the entries were saved and on the second attempt I was asked if I would like to take them over again.

That was very friendly and saved me from having to re-enter it completely. Today I would have had the feature again, grrrrh

73 Chris

1 Like

After my initial SOTA activations in which I entered each contact into the database, I started entering my activations with a CSV file that I prepared with Excel. If there was a mistake it was a simple matter to fix it in the spreadsheet, which I saved, and upload again. The database instructions make it sound like the CSV option is complicated and only for use when you have many contacts to enter. Don’t believe it – once I got used to the CSV method I found it was much easier and more convenient.

Now I enter my SOTA contacts, like all my contacts, into the freeware logging software LOG4OM. With a few mouse clicks it generates the CSV file for the SOTA database. Works for me!