SMP range page update #2

Hi gys, a combined response.

Stewart, yes agreed, however that information being free text will not display in the route display of SMP which is what I would think to be particularly useful.

Christophe, that is a good idea - over time the easy to get to summits will usually have higher levels of activity and display as larger icons. Having said that, there are going to be some aberations - VK1AD regularly activates one local summit as it is his closest summit - but definitely not a drive to or “easy” (still requires 150m plus vertical climb and a couple of km travelling). Due to Andrew’s frequent activations of it, this hill is the third most activated in VK1 (ahead even of a drive on summit of ths same point score). We also have other summits across the border into VK2 that rarely get activated due to a low amateur population in that area. Still, a good guide to use - thanks.

Walter, good point - I have drive on access to VK1/AC-025 for ocassionally installing a temporary repeater (vehicle access only when I have a genuine reason of course) - otherwise it is a 12km return walk and 800m vertical climb. Not surprisingly the activation count is relatively low for this summit! 4 wheel Bob is an impressive character - good on him for not letting his physical issues stopping him from doing what he loves.

In any event, I suspect that this idea whilst potentially delivering useful outputs is probably in the too hard basket - oh well, back to the quiet box for me.

Matt
VK1MA

Matt,

Stewart has it right - use the existing facility in the summit information pages to submit resources.

When you’re viewing a route in the SMP range page, you can click on a summit icon to show the info box for that summit, and if you click on the summit name in the info box header, you will be redirected to the appropriate summit information page in SOTAWatch, with all the user-uploaded resources right there.

So, it literally takes one click to get from the SMP range page to the SOTAWatch summit information page in SOTAWatch. That should do the trick?

Rob

It works on the new website, once you have created an account and logged in.

Ed.

Rob

Thanks very much for providing this Road Route / Corridor option on SOT Maps. For my SOTA trips abroad I use a selection of maps both paper based and online. Having come to a preferred itinerary I cross check with the SOTA maps, make my day route plan, check lists, etc.

I am now re-checking my itineraries with this new feature to see whether I have missed any SOTA en route.

I occasionally get the following pop-up error message when pressing the Map button, the message re-appears for my route selection when when pressing Find All Routes again. I need to close the browser session and opening a new SOTA maps session.

Message reads: The end-point has been changed: please activate the Find Road Routes button to load a new set of routes.

Best regards, 73 Phil ON4TA

Hi Phil, sorry you’ve been having problems with the page. I cannot reproduce the error with the code as it stands - unless I actually change one of the start- or end-points, even if it’s just to add a space at the end of the text. I’ve now altered the code to trim the spaces (I did say there might be one or two bugs in there :wink: ), so it should be more tolerant.

Try loading the page in your browser, then press the F5 button or, better, the Ctrl and F5 buttons simultaneously; this will load the new code. Then try the page again.

HTH, 73, Rob