Small bug?

Today, Jürg (HB9BIN) and myself activated OK/JC-010. For HB9BIN it was a complete.
On the Activator list JC-010 has the correct date of today 20.04.23, on the complete list, JC-010 has the date: 19.04.23

73 de Bruno HB9CBR & Jürg HB9BIN

1 Like

1 Like

Same with OK/JC-019, activated 19.04.23 and the complete list shows obe day earlier 18.04.23

73 Bruno HB9CBR

1 Like

There is currently a pattern of dates being not correctly assigned. I unfortunatly can’t help. As a beta tester can only help in explaning some details and new features.

So Andrew @VK3ARR will need to investigate when back from his current professional duties.

1 Like

The error seems to occur only when activating a summit… which makes it a complete.

Yesterday I reached F/M0YCJ/P on FL/VO-014 as a chaser. This complete for me is displayed correctly.

I had entered the QSO into the database via sotawatch.

73 Armin

1 Like

Thanks Armin for the observation. I hope this will put Andrew on the right track.

3 Likes

Thanks Armin,

2 Likes

It’s now fixed. Basically, JavaScript handles dates like a pile of crap. Timezone is always the local browser timezone, and what’s happened here is the date returned from the DB (in UTC) is then interpreted by the browser as whatever TZ you are in, then converted back to UTC. So, for example, 12am UTC from the DB gets interpreted as 12am CET, which then gets converted to UTC by removing the hour offset, which moves you into the previous day.

I’ve removed the final UTC conversion so it’s all displaying correctly.

6 Likes

Thanks Andre for fixing it.
73 Bruno HB9CBR

1 Like