Slovenian summit changes

The more eagle-eyed amongst you may have noticed that a revised ARM for Slovenia has appeared on the main SOTA website. The additions, deletions and corrections took effect from 1st August.

Unfortunately, the accompanying data files that are needed to update the SOTA database would not upload due to formatting incompatibilites. The corrected files have now been received, but Tom, our database-uploading guru, has now departed on his trip to Scotland. This will delay the database update for a couple of weeks.

So, you may hear activations from Slovenia that have SOTA references not currently recognised by SOTAwatch or the database. They are valid activations, but you will have to wait until Tom returns before they can entered into the system.

Apologies for any inconvenience, but computers sometimes decide to reject something that looks fine to the human eye!

Happy hunting.

73 de Les, G3VQO

In reply to G3VQO:

Hello,

just very short info:

• You can find CP-036 & TK-035 as new REF numbers;
  • BI-027, BR-020 & PK-045 are removed from the list;
  • New members at S5 SOTA MT - also new regional managers;

At the moment, we are at 418 summits.

Jure S57XX

The new Slovenian summits are now in the database. Thanks Tom.

73 de Les, G3VQO

In reply to G3VQO:
Hi Les
just worked S57X/P on S5/TK-035 but the summit is not recognised on the system - your post on 13/8/08 said the new ones had been loaded to the database - is there a glitch ?
TK-035 is not on the summit list, it only goes up to TK-034

73 Graham G3OHC

Hi Graham,

It looks like it doesn’t appear yet on here - SOTAwatch, so I presume it is awaiting Jon to trigger the system to update from the database. However, it is on the Database, I have just double-checked, so you can log your chaser contact on there.

Regards, Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:
Hi Tom
thanks for that - I didn’t try to log the QSO before, just noted it wasn’t recognised on SOTAwatch, if I had of course all would have been well and I would not have troubled you !
Chaser QSO logged OK now.
I was pleased to work you & Jimmy from GM last week - glad you all had a good time.

73 Graham G3OHC