Slieve Muck: GI/MM-007, Saturday 26 August

It was a short climb up Slieve Muck, with no lead in walk as the map below shows:

My fitness levels allowed me to make the ascent in just less than an hour and a half. I am no mountain goat! The sky was overcast with some low cloud, so warm clothing at the top is necessary. If your not moving about it gets chilly. I arrived at the trig point just after noon and set up for FM using a handy. Contacts were made with all the U.K. Countries. Sadly none from the Isle of Man, which I could see, or from the Repuplic of Ireland.

Turning to 40m was equally successful, contacting all parts of mainland U.K. and one contact to Belgium.

The return journey, like any descent needs a little care, the images below show the angle of descent if you take your reference from the drystone wall. In the distance is Spelga Dam.

3 Likes

Hi William it was good to work you on Saturday. I think you’ve got the band wrong for our QSO though. I didn’t use 2m (always struggled on that band in GM). I logged our contact on 7MHz.
Best wishes and hope to catch you again (maybe when I’m next over in GI)

Thanks for the alert on that, I will check that out and correct.

Good to be in your log William, the call I was using was actually GM4LAB/M. I was in the Scottish Highlands at the time.

1 Like