Skye.. without radio

Whilst on holiday on the Isle of Skye, I could not resist to climb some SOTA hills. We had a week in Elgol and there we did enjoy the view from GM/SI-133. In our second week we are staying at beautiful Kylerhea, so today i was on SI-020 and SI-023. SOTA really is addictive, even without Radio…

73 Bruno HB9CBR

23 Likes

Next Time Bruno I think that you may have Radio with You. That would be great to hear You. 73 de Paul M0CQE>

1 Like

Definetly, this time we are travelling with bicyles, there was just not enough place for the Radio equipment (I am not active on 2 m/70cm).
So maybe another time…
73 Bruno HB9CBR

2 Likes

Great weather for your trip Bruno! Enjoy it!

I am sure you already have this planned, but take the small turntable ferry to Glenelg. Then you have great cycling south to Arnisdale. Also up Gleann Beag to Balvraid where you have the Iron-Age Brochs to visit. There is a small brewery here also. And a drink at the Glenelg Inn!

Have a great holiday
73 Gavin
GM0GAV

5 Likes

Thanks Gavin, the beer in Glenelg Inn was good, yesterday, Tmw will do what you are suggesting.
We are limited in range, but so beautiful around here no need to go far away.

73 Bruno

I can confirm. Glenelg Inn is great!

I’m hoping to get up a couple of those hills this weekend with my radio.
Those picture look fantastic, I just hope the weather holds.
Andy
MM7MOX

1 Like

Saturday early evening

sateve

Sunday early evening

suneve

1 Like

As a long time devotee of Skye, I urge anyone interested in activating GM/SI-058, Meall na Suiramach, and anyone intrigued by unique scenery, to take the Quiraing Walk and zig-zag up through the wierdest collection of pinnacles to be seen anywhere to reach the summit. Its probably a bit far to cycle from Kylerhea but it is a magical place that should not be missed if practicable. I would post pictures but all mine are on slides and I haven’t got around to scanning them yet.

3 Likes