Skip on 40 seems short today

Hi.
DL and ON were very strong today, but HA was marginal, even S5 (Milos) was weak, nothing hrd from F5HTR.
Mike

In reply to LA5SAA:

I was hearing Gs & GMs working DL3SBA as close as 200km at good strength. The critical freq was up near 6Mhz but is now dropping again.

In reply to LA5SAA:
WKD ON/LX1NO/P (ABT 2000 km far from me), but not sure for 2nd activation of DL5WW/P, who was much closer. Sigs are very weak and readable only on peaks. Condx really seems to be worse than yesterday.
Right now nothing from ON/LX1NO/P. It is just not my day :).

In reply to UT4FJ:
Norby is 599 in LA right now.
But conditions is most important.That’s how it is.
Good luck, and hope to see you from SOTA in April or later :wink:
Mike

In reply to UT4FJ:
Hi again.
I heard a strong UT4 working DL5WW/p at 12:03 UTC, I think it was you. I am not sure because I have a lot of local QRM in my shack right now (xyl, daughter and 4 dogs, is nice, but I could not concentrate), but if it was you, you were 579, while DL5WW only was 559 now. Condx change all the time.
Mike

In reply to LA5SAA:
Yes, I WKD DL5WW/P (steady about 539 in some noisy city conditions) at 12:05 according to my log, but I have 100 Watts into a dipole @ 40 m high. So, we should have some difference ;).

73! Alex

P.S. Unfortunately, can’t see the exact position at Google map because of database problems. DL5WW/P comes louder here, he is still QRV.

In reply to UT4FJ:
Fine, congrats, very nice antenna, mine is only 13 m high.
Anyway, thanks for chatting, Alex, and the SOTA community may forgive me.
Mike

In reply to LA5SAA:
No reasons for any envy :wink: - just a piece of wire amongst city buildings. Have to have some better for SOTA hunting from the current position - a very big level of different urban ‘QRM’.

In reply to LA5SAA:
Hello Mike, All 3 Summits in my Log. Hard job today in cw. Temp. 0 Degr. C.
30 Min. on DM/RP-410, 50 Min. on RP-445 and 50 Min. on RP-443.
Best Regards
Gun DL5WW