Should i buy.

Ha, working on that at the moment. Got to stay ahead of the posse. 73

1 Like

Well you still wont be able to do /AM when you upgrade.

The walking is the best bit of SOTA.

6 Likes

Indeed, the walking, the discovering new places, the planning of the expedition, the navigating, the sharing of the experience with others who like and enjoy the same passionā€¦

3 Likes

Without a doubt. The absolute best medicine in the world. I just think it would be nice to arrive in style. :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

My preference would be to ditch the heavy and noisy motor and go for an Ozone Ultralight glider:

That would get the weight down to under 4kg for glider, harness and reserve parachute. Throw in an MTR and carbon mast and you could have a complete hike-n-fly set up weighing under 8kg, which is lighter than most peopleā€™s day to day SOTA gear. Thereā€™s only one snag in the UK, and thatā€™s the weather (the original reason why I moved to Austria 9 years ago).
73 de Matt

Sounds like your average SOTA activator! :wink:

2 Likes

Matthew, to late in the day for me to move, a few people have emailed me, highly recommending the Ultralite 4, a very impressive piece of kit indeed, but i was hopeing for something that i could use from my QTH to a summit and then return. Less effort, more economical, more environmentlly friendly, and give me the chance to harvest at an increased rate the all important points. I would just be taking the next step up from a bike,an electric bike, a car, campervan, quad, scrambler, Sherman Tank. But in the middle of a world crisis with reguards to Global warming i feel we need to look at all the options. 73