Shipping delays

Apparently the Royal Mail international shipping site has been hacked and they are requesting a hold on international shipments.
Normally, current orders would have been shipped today but I will delay shipping until the situation with Royal Mail is sorted (hopefully this weekend)

Barry GM4TOE
SOTA Awards Manager

3 Likes

I have just returned from trying to post this week’s packages - Royal Mail are refusing to accept any parcel for shipment outside the UK :rage:

I will try again after the weekend, but please bear with me and I will try to ship as soon as possible

3 Likes

Here is the latest from Royal Mail - not very optimistic:

ROYAL MAIL INTERNATIONAL EXPORT SERVICES

Royal Mail is experiencing severe service disruption to our international export services following a cyber incident.

We are temporarily unable to despatch items to overseas destinations. To support faster recovery when our service is restored and to prevent a build-up of export items in our network, we’re asking customers not to post international items until further notice. Items that have already been despatched may be subject to delays. We would like to sincerely apologise to impacted customers for any disruption this incident is causing.

Our teams are working around the clock to resolve this disruption and we will update you as soon as we have more information. We immediately launched an investigation into the incident and we are working with external experts. We have reported the incident to our regulators and the relevant security authorities.

2 Likes

Update today, still unable to ship merchandise but hopefully I will be able to get items sent by next week:

ROYAL MAIL INTERNATIONAL EXPORT SERVICES

Following the recent cyber incident, we are trialing operational workarounds and have started moving limited volumes of export parcels. While we trial these operational workarounds, we continue to ask customers not to submit any new export parcels into the network. Our initial focus will be to clear mail that has already been processed and is waiting to be dispatched.

We are pleased to announce that we have resumed the export of letters which do not require a customs declaration to all international destinations. From 7pm Wednesday 18 January, customers will be able to start submitting international export letters which do not require a customs declaration into the Royal Mail network again through all channels including Royal Mail post boxes and Post Office branches.

Royal Mail continues to work with external experts, the security authorities and regulators to mitigate the impact of this cyber incident, with a focus on restoring all services for export letters and parcels. Our import operations continue to perform a full service with some minor delays. Domestic services remain unaffected.

1 Like

I hope to be able to despatch the backlog of parcels later this week - thank you for your patience:

Here is an extract from the latest announcement by Royal Mail:

We have now resumed international export despatches for all mail streams including parcels and letters across a growing number of international destinations. We are making good progress in despatching items that are already in our network across all of our services. Please note you may see less tracking information than usual as we continue to restore our services. At this time, we continue to ask customers not to submit new parcels for export, and we will update further on service resumption as soon as possible.

2 Likes

Current update:

Thursday 2 February 2023

At this time, we are still unable to process new Royal Mail parcels purchased through Post Office branches. We are working hard to resume more services through Post Office branches and will provide further updates on these services as soon as possible.

This is very frustrating for all of you waiting to receive your orders (I can only ship certificates at this time) but please bear with me and I will ship as soon as I am able to - everything is packed, labelled and with its Customs certificates so ready to go as soon as the Post Office is able to accept these shipments.

5 Likes

Thanks Barry @GM4TOE for the up to date information. Even if the situation is not ideal, it is currently so. Don’t get demotivated. We all have patience. Thanks for your work.

73 Marcel DM3FAM

2 Likes

Thanks, Barry! Both for the perfect updates and the ongoing handling of all the work behind the scenes!
73 de Martin, DK3IT

1 Like

I think that Royal Mail has big problems since Covid, because i’m waiting for a parcel since over 3 years. Is still missing and no answers from RM. I ordered a HamClock but a short while ago, i made one by my self.
73 de Peter

1 Like

Hello,
My order has just arrived at the french post-office.
I had to pay 20% taxes and now i will enjoy my Sota stuff.
Thanks Barry from Gerald F6HBI

1 Like

Received on 08/02/2023, nice parcel.
Thanks Barry

Friday 10 February 2023
Royal Mail are still unable to accept new packages for international shipment into their system.

Packages which are being delivered were shipped BEFORE this problem occured. They were delayed in the Royal Mail system and are only now reaching their destinations. If you have not received notification from me that your order has been shipped it is still here with me waiting on Royal Mail sorting themselves out. I have tried alternative means of shipping but the options are just not practical nor affordable.

Please bear with me, there is absolutely nothing I can do to rectify the situation.

1 Like

Thx for the update.

Don’t worry, we know that you try your best to deliver. It is not in your fault…

73 de Klaus

2 Likes

Monday 13 February 2023

Royal Mail still unable to ship parcels via the Post Office.

Two options:

1. I find a way of getting items shipped another way
  2. If anybody is visiting the UK (or have a friend who is) I can send the order to their address.

Any comment please contact me direct (sota-awards “at” bt connect “dot” com)
I will lock this thread and pin it

2 Likes