Shining Tor webcam

In reply to G1INK:

It’s stopped now and the sky is clearing, stars to the North already visible. Apart from a few periods of large flakes, the snow today has been a continuous dusting of tiny little particles. I’ve just measured and about 6cms has fallen since 8.00am. Not much really but temps are predicted in the -11C range tonight. The bit of the drive I cleared twice before giving up in disgust has around 26cms of snow at its deepest.

I’m sure Scald Law and/or Tinto are accessible but I fancied something further South for a change that would make for an easy QRP FM QSO into Northern England. We’ll see.

Andy
MM0FMF

Looks promising for Shining Tor G/SP-004 tomorrow. Just checked the Cat & Fiddle webcam, and there’s no sign of any snow.

Tom M1EYP

In reply to G4OIG:

The snow we had in Blackburn last week had all gone by yesterday, then after very light flurries overnight it came down again thick & fast over the course of a couple of hours this morning. We had a couple of inches in two hours, & yet the M6 only 7 miles away didn’t appear to get any.

The main routes should be ok as far as Preston & Longridge & the country lanes leading to SP-007 should not have been adversely affected by this latest snowfall although early on they will still be icy.

SP-007 itself is definitely covered in snow, as I noted on my only trip out on my bike since before Christmas on Thursday while Blackburn was completely clear of snow.

If you take the western route around Parlick, be careful as there are many small drops in the path where a small stream sometimes flows that will probably be hidden by the snow.

Best of luck to all activators out tomorrow.

Mark G0VOF