Shack Sloth

Hi All
Today I passed the one thousand point mark, and became a shack sloth ( Wife says I always have been a sloth) Yippee! I didn’t think that I would make it this side of Christmas, but Lady Luck smiled upon me, I think she probably got the wrong person!
Seriously though, I would just like to give a big hand to all of the activators that have made it possible, THANK YOU! Special thanks to all that have had to suffer my somewhat erratic CW, I will improve, promise! Big thanks to Mike, 2E0YYY for the encouragement and advice. Last but not least, thanks to the MT for all the work put in to keep SOTA up and running.
Cheers all
73s de M6BLV

Congratulations John on achieving Shack Sloth.

Jimmy 2E0EYP

In reply to M6BLV:
Congratulations :slight_smile:

Very well done.

Enjoy your slothdom!

Nice one John :smiley:

M0MOL (Gareth)

Well done John! Really pleased you made it today.

Now for Mountain Goat :wink:

73 Mike
2E0YYY

In reply to M6BLV:

That’s the easy bit over - now for supersloth! :slight_smile:

Well done!

Brian G8ADD

Also today, Todd, KH2TJ entered Slothdom by way of an s2s. Says he’s freezing. So much for any thoughts of an all-s2s Slothdom. Can one still send code with frostbitten digits? Maybe all dots and no dashes? How about “She’s his, hee hee…sheesh”
Congrats to all, including my 500th unique today.
Elliott, K6ILM
Chaser Clown

Congratulations Todd on achieving Shack Sloth.

Jimmy 2E0EYP

In reply to K6ILM:

Congratulations to John and Todd on achieving Slothdom and congratulations also to Elliott on chasing 500 uniques.

Talking of frostbitten digits, have you noticed how chasers (including activators) in a nice warm cosy shack can’t resist telling you about the log fire roaring away and the nice hot drink or mouthwatering meal they are about to have?!! :wink:

Karen 2E0XYL

Talking of frostbitten digits, have you noticed how chasers (including >activators) in a nice warm cosy shack can’t resist telling you about the log >fire roaring away and the nice hot drink or mouthwatering meal they are about >to have?!! :wink:

Then switch to CW Karen. CW chasers are much more concise, and only G3CWI (occasionally) tells you (in morse) what cask conditioned bottled ale he is currently enjoying.

Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:

Talking of frostbitten digits, I remember yonks ago hams that were wartime bomber W/OPs telling me of how it got so cold on the raids that they had to operate with gloves on and learned how to palm the morse keys so that they didn’t have to take the gloves off. Straight keys, naturally!

Brian G8ADD

When it rains, it pours. A few minutes ago, the inventor of SOTA RBNGate, Eric-KU6J, entered Slothdom. No easy task that, as California is off by itself with nothing to the West or South, plus 4,500 km to the active East coast of NA. It seems NA is coming alive…nothing can stop us now. Watch out, world. We’ve been averaging a new sloth at the rate of one every two days for the last…uh…two days (don’t read that - my mistake).
Elliott, K6ILM
Chaser Clown

Congratulations Eric on achieving Shack Sloth.

Jimmy 2E0EYP

Well done Eric, and thanks for both CW QSO’s last weekend.

Robert
G0PEB

Thanks Jimmy and Robert!

Robert, it was great to work you. Intercontinental chaser QSOs are tough for us here on the U.S. west coast, and I needed one more England association summit to qualify for Mountain Hunter Gold. You were it (Tom M1EYP on The Cloud was my first). A minute or two after I worked you on 20m CW your signal peaked up to S4-5 and Q5. Thanks again and thanks for having that fantastic signal!

Eric KU6J

===========================================
Free SOTA Spot Monitor Software:
http://www.ku6j.com

Congratulations Eric on achieving Mountain Hunter Gold also.

Jimmy 2E0EYP

In reply to 2E0EYP:
Wow almost a pile-up of shack sloths. I didn’t spot Mike KD9KC in the thread above but he too made it, in this last week. Did I miss that elsewhere?

Congratulations to John, Eric, Todd, Mike.
73 Jim G0CQK

Congratulations Mike on achieving Shack Sloth.

Jimmy 2E0EYP

In reply to KD9KC:

Ehh, we got a whopping THREE sloths in tha great white north ehhh VE2JCW, VA6FUN and the undersigned :wink:

Hoping for more in the future…