Self aggrandizement & product placement

I do wish it would all stop ~~ reference thread title.

Now waiting to be flamed in hell and banished.

From grumpy Mike G6TUH

In reply to G6TUH:

Lots of it about. Sign of the times I expect Mike.

http://www.qrz.com/db/G6TUH

In reply to G6TUH:

It’s OK Mike, you can never have too many people providing services and tools. They all have the features and foibles and best of all we all thrive off seeing what someone else can do and then improving our own tools etc.

If there are both tools for download to your own PC and webservices then you can use the webservice when not at home and the tools on the shack PC when in the shack. Best of both worlds that way.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to G3CWI:

Hi Richard, there is a difference between a static entry like qrz and here I would say. Nice reading here about activators adventures and what they have to contend with but some posts are really very much s’ a’

Mike G6TUH

:sunglasses:

In reply to MM0FMF:

Hi Andy, true about “we all thrive off seeing what someone else can do and then improving our own tools etc…” but some reports are very repetitive and tiresome to me.

Mike G6TUH

In reply to G6TUH:
Personally I find the posts here are generally interesting and
often educational. It’s pretty easy to avoid those you do not want to read. People put a lot of effort into writing accounts of their activations. To you they may be “self aggrandizement” (sic) to others they may equally be inspirational.

Let’s keep those accounts coming!

73 Richard G3CWI

In reply to G3CWI:

I don’t think sic erat scriptum applies but anyway the notion that to some the reports may be inspirational I accept. But my original grumpy moan remains.

Anyway now to do something else and then see what tomorrow brings weather wise.

Mike G6TUH

I do wish it would all stop ~~ reference thread title.
Now waiting to be flamed in hell and banished.
I’m sorry you feel that way.
How we can help | How Samaritans can help you | Samaritans

In reply to LA9XSA:

Hmmm. Thanks… :wink: