Sad news of a chaser

its with sad news that John G6VS passed away yesterday 21/01/2010, John started chasing on uhf last couple of years ago on hf vhf and uhf, will be sadly missed, R-I-P. Steve m0sgb

John was my good friend and portable/contesting buddy. Come rain or shine we’d be in a radio-friendly location somewhere hunting for dx. Despite being affected by numerous illnesses in recent years John liked nothing better than getting out and about to keep in touch with the many radio friends around the world he’s made over the past 35+ years of being licenced in Canada and the UK.

John did actually get an activation under his belt on Nov 14th 2009 from the Great Orme (GW/NW0-70), however: not sure if he added his log to the database.

73 and good dx up there John

Chris M1DTJ

In reply:

My condolences to the family.

R.I.P

Luc ON6DSL

Very sad news.

I had the pleasure of working John several times on 2m & 70cms during contests & it was always a real pleasure to work him.

He will be greatly missed.

Mark G0VOF

I’m sorry to hear that John G6VS has gone silent key. He was great person to work in the VHF contests on some Tuesday nights.

Jimmy M3EYP

In reply to M1DTJ:
hi chris, last time i saw john was at blackpool rally 3 years ago, when he clobbered me on back of head with his walking stick, we last spoke late december or early january on gb3mn, and john was saying then that he had done gw/nw-070, which he enjoyed :-} we always had a chat when we met each other,and he will be sadly missed,
Steve m0sgb