Rough Day in the Office

Activation number 62 of NW-062 today saw very bad wx move onto the summit just as I QSYd to 40m-cw.
Please accept my humble apologies for my bad cw through the pileup today, conditions became very difficult, sat in a bush for some shelter from torrential rain and galeforce winds. I seem to recall I even called Alain F6ENO Lionel, hi, sri Alain.
All in all it was a good activation contact wise, with 48 contacts made and 9 DXCCs worked… G, GM, GW, F, DL, HB9, HA, ON, OK

QSOs as follows…

60m-ssb - 14 QSOs
40m-cw - 20 QSOs
2m-FM - 14 QSOs including S2S with Tom M1EYP/P on his 100th activation of The Cloud and 500th Sota activation overall.

Thanks to all stations worked and for the spots. Special thanks to the cw ops for putting up with my bad cw.

73 Mike GW0DSP

In reply to GW0DSP:
Hi Mike was it the bush telegraph ?
73 Geoff ,

In reply to G4CPA:

Hi Geoff, that’s the worst conditions I have ever worked in, hi. The winter wx is here and I guess I’m a big wuss, hi, but couldn’t feel my fingertips and I can’t key the palm paddle with gloves on.
I got through the pileup eventually thanks to the patience of our regular cw guys.

73 Mike

In reply to GW0DSP:
I got a couple of pairs of ultra cheap walking gloves from Netto last week at just £2.99 a pair. Incorporating 3M thinsulate, they are a combo between gloves and mitts. The end caps of the mitts fold back to free up just the finger tips. Tried them out last week on a walk on the North East coast in a howling wet gale straight off the sea, and was easily able to work the buttons on my GPS without getting my hands cold. I figure this should also work for operating the radio on a summit and will try out soon. Paddle? maybe next year!!
73 jim

In reply to G0CQK:

In reply to GW0DSP:
I got a couple of pairs of ultra cheap walking gloves from Netto last
week at just £2.99 a pair.
73 jim

Thanks for the tip off Jim, they are on the shopping list now.

73 Mike