Rookie Chaser Question

Hi all…I think I know the answer but want clarification. Last weekend I worked Dave W2VV on summit W1/HH-002 on SSB mode. A few hours later I worked his expedition buddy Tom N2YTF using PSK31 mode. I think I only log one contact for that summit on that day…is this correct? Or do I log both QSO’s as they are different callsigns and modes?

Mike VA6FUN

In reply to DC7CCC: Thanks for the reply Mario. So I take it I can enter both QSO’s in the database…just for the record…and the database will automatically issue the “0” points for the second QSO. I’ll give it a try when I get home tonight now that the database is up and running again.

Mike VA6FUN

In reply to VA6FUN:

It’s simple Mike. Enter all the SOTA contacts you have into the database and let the database figure it out. Even if you won’t benefit from the extra data others may find the extra info of use.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

Will do…TNX Andy! Mike

In reply to VA6FUN:

Don’t forget that SOTA runs on UTC time…and its not to hard to span midnight UTC time in the W1 and W2 time zones…then if you worked 2 different activators…

Tom-N2YTF

In reply to MM0FMF:

It’s simple Mike. Enter all the SOTA contacts you have into the
database and let the database figure it out. Even if you won’t benefit
from the extra data others may find the extra info of use.

If you use CSV uploads then duplicate entries (for a summit) are ignored and not entered into the database (or at least that has been the case unless it has changed recently).

Stewart G0LGS