ROMANS ON THE AIR (ROTA)

I don’t want to upset anyone so please remove if it contravenes the rules.

Tomorrow I’m doing a POTA activation in Perthshire and then I’m going to Ardoch Roman fort to do a Romans on the Air (ROTA) activation. Essentially I’ll be calling CQ when I set up. I have a number of Roman camps and signal stations in the area and I like the idea of activating them with slightly more modern comms. It’ll be mid a’noon on 40, 20, 17m SSB dependent on band conditions.

2 Likes

Salve Signifer

1 Like

The only Roman on the air I know is @DL3TU

:grin:

73 Armin

5 Likes

Will your callsign be a problem. I get 2 is II but zero? Nullus?

Ron
VK3AFW

2 Likes

“Romanes eunt domus”

4 Likes

Ok - now you write that 100 times … and then never do that again…

73 Armin

3 Likes

What’s this then? People called Romanes they go the house?

My Latin teacher was just like that centurion.

4 Likes

As was mine, ‘Hoppy’ Cassidy who would punctuate the failings in my conjugation with cuffs from his massive hands around my head.

2 Likes

Certa Cito!

1 Like

This time last week… I was in Tuscany and was wishing there was an ‘Olive Grove On The Air’ scheme!!

Good luck with your ‘ROTA’, 73

Salvete Paul’

6 Likes

Heading there now hope to be up on the QRP COA on 40/20/17 in 30-45 mins. Wet n windy here.

2 Likes

vade ad illum filium meum

I was just about to go out for a new bottle of cooking whiskey for Mrs PJZ’s cold - but I’ll quieti a dum

3 Likes

Gave up after 30 mins one QSO on 20m with Denmark.

veni, dixi, i domum iterum

You forgot to add, I got wet and windswept!

2 Likes

I just discovered that Google Translate does not include Latin. The horror…

3 Likes

I’m not sure that even a Latin teacher would be of much use translating some of the Latin above Scott :joy::joy:

1 Like

That must have been dissapointing. I guess the problem is calling CQ using QRP when you cannot post a spot which people will see.

Are any of these forts in POTA or WWFF sites? If they are this might be the answer if you post on their websites. I activated on an obscure WWFF site in France earlier this year on 20m and had a reply from the USA.

3 Likes