Robert HB9OME is a SOTA Mountain Goat now

Dear All

Recently, another Swiss SOTA mountain radio operator has reached the Goat dignity: Robert, HB9OME. Robert is a friendly guy and operates almost exclusively in the canton of Berne HB/BE, which offers all altitudes and a wide variety from simple hills to high mountains. His first activation took place in autumn 2013. For the Goat Activation he was on Mt. Stanserhorn near Lucerne, HB/NW-015, one of the most popular public summits in Central Switzerland.

Many more summits are waiting for you, Robert. Congratulations on your great success and enjoy your next adventures!

Vy 73 de Markus, HB9DIZ

13 Likes

Congratulations on the 1st MG, Robert (and xyl)!
Who knows, maybe we’ll see each other again unplanned, at a nice HB/BE summit, hi.

Congratulations Robert on achieving Mountain Goat.

Jimmy M0HGY

1 Like

Congrats on your Mountain Goat, Robert. Stanserhorn is a great place for catching a goat, got mine there as well a year ago :slight_smile:

73 Jens

Hoi Robert

Herzliche Gratulation auch von uns zum Mountain Goat :clap: :clap:
Es ist immer eine ganz besondere Freude mit Dir ein S2S machen zu dürfen. Auf dem Stanserhorn haben wir Dich leider verpasst, aber wir freuen uns jetzt schon auf die nächsten S2S :nerd_face: :nerd_face:

Weiterhin viel Freude und Erfolg bei vielen weiteren Aktivierungen :+1: :+1: Blieb gsung und heb Sorg :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover:

vy 73 de René, HB9NBG + 73/88 de Carine, HB9FZC

Congratulations, great achievement :slight_smile:

73, GW4BML. Ben

Hallo Robert.
Gratuliere zur Bergziege wünsche Dir noch viele schöne Bergtouren.
73 IW3AGO Heini

Congratulations, Robert! It’always a pleasure working you in S2S!
73 Fabio

Herzliche Glückwünsche, Robert. Esi st immer eine Freude, dich auf dem Band zu hören und zu sprechen. Wir werden sicher noch viele S2S haben!
73 Chris

many congrats robert , very well done, ray

Herzlichen Glückwunsch auch von mir. :sweat_smile:

Thank you for your feedback and all the good wishes.
In the early years of my SOTA activity, the MG goal seemed unattainable to me. Over time, my prospects have improved. Today I am happy that one of my mountain goats is now grazing in the herd. My thanks go to all chasers and activators who supported me in many QSO’s. I really appreciate being part of the big SOTA family. I now know the names of many of your callsigns. However, this does not always work because I keep my log on paper and without electronic support on the mountain.
With one exception I did all activations on Swiss mountains. I mostly travel alone on weekdays. Sometimes my wife, a brother or a radio colleague is with me. I really enjoy the combination of mountain hiking and amateur radio. We have many beautiful mountains in Switzerland, but many require more than I can afford as a senior. However, there are many options open to me.

So I hope that I can continue to be active and that we will soon hear each other again on the same frequency. I’m looking forward to further QSO’s.
Vy73 de Robert, HB9OME

2 Likes