Rob G4RQJ & Audrey

I have been corresponding with Audrey, wife of Rob G4RQJ, for many years a leading activator. They are really missing the SOTA, but it’s no longer possible with Rob’s health issues.

Audrey says that she and Rob made many dear friends through SOTA, and has asked me to pass on their best regards to everyone.

(Audrey is picking up emails sent to the address on G4RQJ’s QRZ page if anyone that knows her wants to drop her a line).

9 Likes

I was wondering how they were doing only the other day. Tom, please pass on my best wishes to the two of them.

3 Likes

Thanks Tom, I too was wondering what had happened to them, I have had the privilege of many an S2S in the past. A real Stalwart SOTA Couple, sad to hear Rob is not too good!

His dulcet tones will be missed also, Hope he keeps well as he can?

73 Tony

2 Likes

Yesterday I received, through the post, a Christmas card from Audrey & Rob G4RQJ. In it, Audrey said that she was now caring for Rob 24/7. She asked me to remember them to everyone in the SOTA community.

4 Likes

Please pass on our very best wishes to them both. As well as many S2S we had the prvilege of meeting them on the long ascent to the Wrekin and had a good chat, Happy times and good memories.
Viki and Rodney M6BWA and M0JLA

1 Like

My best wishes to them both.

Rob was my first ever chaser QSO (26/05/2003) while he was on Black Coombe and the reason I started.

I remember Audrey’s cakes at the stand at Blackpool Rally too.

Ian

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know Tom, please pass on my best wishes to them both.

1 Like

Thanks Tom for passing that on, and Very best wishes to Rob and Audrey from me too.
Adrian

1 Like

Hi Rob & Audrey, so sorry to hear of your health problem Rob, only last night I saw a nature programme on tv where they were on Walney Island which brought to mind immediately both of you and also how much you have both been missed in sota activations. All the best to both of you.
88/73 Don G0RQL.

1 Like

The address for Rob on QRZ.com is still correct if anyone wants to send them a Christmas card and message.

4 Likes

I believe that the email address on Rob @G4RQJ’s QRZ.com account is still correct as well. I believe that this was a shared email address that both Rob G4RQJ and Audrey use and I know that Audrey was responding to emails sent to that email address last year so feel free to drop any emails as well Rob G4RQJ and Audrey to the email address on Rob G4RQJ’s QRZ.com account.

Jimmy M0HGY

2 Likes

I sent an email to Audrey a few days ago and have just had a reply. She was delighted to hear our SOTA news and would really love to hear from others so please do send an email if you used to talk to them - or even if you didn’t. Tx Tom and Jimmy for suggesting we make the effort - it was well worth it.
Viki

3 Likes