Return of Hope Mountain

Indeed, as Richard says, we saw both landowners, and everything was fine.

Thanks for the ‘heads up’ though.

Tom M1EYP

In reply to G3CWI:

It would be interesting to know exactly where you came across Alan? If this was at the transmitter site, then surely you accessed the private land prior to talking to Alan. If thats the case, the fact that Alan didn’t complain doesn’t alter the fact that you knowingly entered private land without gaining permission before hand. Of course, you may have gained prior permission, although Tom made no mention of this in his report, in fact he made no mention of Alan at all

Barry 2E0PXW

In reply to 2E0PXW:

although Tom made no mention of this
in his report

You are quite right to pick Tom up on this matter Barry. I too have noticed that his reports are becoming increasingly sloppy. He forgot to mention that my lunch on Mynydd y Cwm consisted of just two boiled eggs and two Hob Nob flapjacks. Boy was I hungry watching Tom Jimmy and Liam tucking into their feast.

Furthermore he completely omitted to mention that I (very bravely) went back to find him and Jimmy when they got lost. I wonder why?

Richard
G3CWI

No Richard, it was me and Liam. Jimmy was with you at the car, wondering where we were, not that either of you thought to turn your radios on for ages!

I cannot believe your attempts to embarrass me Richard. You know full well that you were offered a peanut butter and jam sandwich AND a portion of our soup. Now you claim to have been groaking throughout.

And to top it all, you expose me for getting lost on Mynydd y Cwm. Now why was that? Maybe because the two fastest members of the party cleared off ahead with the map and compass and didn’t stick with the slowcoaches who had neither? Very bad hillform, if you don’t mind me saying so Sir.

No doubt this is all a revenge mission for my comments about you at Dufton Youth Hostel on the Pennine Way?

Disgruntled of Macclesfield

In reply to M1EYP:

Thanks for your reply Richard, although you failed to answer the question I asked in my post.

All of the details yourself and Tom mention in your posts, interesting as they are, avoid answering the question of where you came across Alan.

The comment made was that both landowners were there and you chatted with them both, this suggests that Alan was at the transmitter site, near the boundary fence of his land and David’s. If that is the case, you intentionally entered onto private land without the owners permission the moment that you walked through the open gate.

So, where did you come across Alan?

Barry 2E0PXW

In reply to M1EYP:

At least you weren’t in your car Tom! I’ve just seen a cracking video on YouTube of a “big gun” chaser doing an activation from the cozy warmth of his car. He’s oblivious that he is being videoed cheating. I see from the database he has claimed the points. It does prompt me to wonder how many other of his activations are bogus also.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to M1EYP and G3CWI:

I know the recession is hitting hard and good healthy food is hard to come by, but I am wondering what has got into the crew from Macclesfield… hard boiled eggs, Hob Nob flapjacks and even worse, peanut butter and jam sandwiches. Yuk, turns my stomach… must keep reminding myself to avoid meeting you lot on a summit near a meal time!

Feeling Queasy of Northampton

I’ve never been a huge enthusiast of hard boiled eggs myself Gerald, but I don’t dislike them either. However, when the lads and I did Winter Hill on Easter Sunday, Marianne packed us off with some that were also festively painted. I was very surprised, but they were a lovely food to have out on the hill on a clear and bright spring morning.

I’d never heard of them either, but Marianne assures me that peanut butter & jelly (as they call it) is a common American sandwich filling. And what could anyone possibly have against chocolate Hob Nob flapjacks? They are delicious!

But perhaps I should just stick to the soup… :wink:

Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:

The fact is Tom that I just hate peanut butter - I love peanuts and I love butter, but to me the combination is an abomination. In the same way you won’t get me scoffing Batchelors Cream of Mushroom soup - I love mushrooms both cooked and raw, but mushroom soup, yuk!

I do try to keep to decent healthy food when activating. It seems wrong to be doing otherwise as SOTA is part of my fitness regime. Must admit to the odd bit of chocolate though, so I suppose Richard gets the let-off for his Hob Nobs.

Gerald

Most commendable Gerald. I use the exercise I get from SOTA as an excuse to eat exactly what I like for breakfast, on the summit and in the curry house later. For the same reason, much beer is allowed after a SOTA walk as well!

Yes, no mushroom soup on summits for us either, not with all those other weird, wonderful and exciting flavours to choose from!

Tom

In reply to M1EYP:
Hi Tom Still not heard you say you were having Clam Chowda soup yet.Atb Geoff

I’ve definitely had it on summits, but can’t find where/when. G/LD-015 in 2007 had Seafood Chowder

http://tomread.co.uk/grisedale_pike_ld-015.htm

On the 18th of may this year at 21:23 hrs in this thread, Mike (2e0pxw) asked a question directed towards Richard (G3CWI) requesting confirmation of where exactly he and Tom (M1EYP) came across Alan the land owner, who he claims gave him permission to to cross his land. Despite Richard replying to Barry in a post at 06:29 on the 19th may he failed to answer the question put to him by Barry. I find this most strange , and wonder why he seems to be avoiding the issue, after all it was a innocent question so why avoid answering it? At least have the courtesy to answer the question rather than sidestep it.

Tom confirms Richard’s statement that they did meet Alan in this post.

Post by M1EYP on 18th May 2009 at 21:09
Indeed, as Richard says, we saw both landowners, and everything was fine.

Thanks for the ‘heads up’ though.

Tom M1EYP

I’m interested in hearing the answer myself, or your reasons for failing to answer the question, so can you please give the answer to where exactly you first came into contact with Alan?

Thanks and 73
Steve M0KPO

In reply to 2E0KPO:

Hi Steve

SJ296571. Hope that helps.

Richard
G3CWI

In reply to G3CWI:

Cheers…
Steve

In reply to 2E0KPO:

On the 18th of may this year at 21:23 hrs in this thread, Mike (2e0pxw) asked a question

Who is Mike 2E0PXW?

Jimmy M3EYP

In reply to M3EYP:

In reply to 2E0KPO:

On the 18th of may this year at 21:23 hrs in this thread, Mike
(2e0pxw) asked a question

Who is Mike 2E0PXW?

Jimmy M3EYP

Has someone had a Freudian slip somewhere?

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to 2E0KPO:

On the 18th of may this year at 21:23 hrs in this thread, Mike
(2e0pxw) asked a question directed towards Richard (G3CWI)

Hi Jimmy

2E0PXW’s name is, of course, Barry but for some reason lots of people mis-remember it. I got it wrong myself recently.

Richard
G3CWI

In reply to M3EYP:
Good question, Jimmy!:wink:

Brian G8ADD

My Mistake, getting my Mikes, Micks and Barrys mixed up…

Been a long day kite bugging on Mablethorpe, with a few OBE’s that I am sure have knocked my brain a bit loose.

See, Flying Bunny at Mablethorpe on Vimeo

Steve