Replacement Glass Trophy

Please see my response to Tim. It can happen without any stocking. All custom order by individual

1 Like

If stocking size runs and SKUs is a concern there are a number of custom one-off apparel companies as Amy pointed out. Spreadshirt and Redbubble are two off the top of my head. SOTA could set up an official shop, or just make the SOTA goat design available as a vector file and individuals could order as they want.

I’m not opposed to a physical trophy for those that want it, just hoping there could be a different category option for the award.

2 Likes

I voted for THE coaster
 Something wrong with that? :joy:
I really wanted to vote for the first one but well

(edit) I voted correctly for the item 1, so IÂŽm with you I would like to know who voted for the coaster!

2 Likes

I suppose it is the only one with any utility,.

1 Like

How are the chances that we‘ll find someone who could produce a trophy identical or very similar to the original one?

E.g. like this one (too expensive, imo):

Similar, but just 34 GBP:

Or this one:

2 Likes

Well I confess.
There is one misplaced vote for the balance cube. I prefer item 3 the plain rectangular block but lost the relationship between the photograph and the description and voted for item 4 the 3 inch balance cube, which I don’t like. The instructions were pretty clear Barry, but I defaulted to descriptions under pictures once I had scrolled down a few times.
Thank you for all that you do for SOTA. You will never please everyone.
73, Kevin MW0KXN

1 Like

All of those items you linked to are made by the manufacturer I use for our trophies (Glassscribe).
Risking repeating myself - they are discontinued and these retailers are advertising an item they cannot deliver unless they have old stock - they are all made by Glassscribe

2 Likes

You should be able to delete your vote and revote.

Incidentally over 1000 views but only 156 votes - apathy?

2 Likes

Perhaps it’s 844 abstentions. I don’t have a preference. Maybe many viewers already have a trophy or don’t expect to ever qualify for one.

1 Like

This, in my case!
Interesting, though, and thanks to Barry for seeking a popular replacement.

3 Likes

Thanks Barry. My vote has been recast.

I suspect that any apathy will stop as soon as a decision has been made.

3 Likes

You’re used to dealing with radio amateurs then! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Indeed and mine has 13 years of dust on it, but I’d like the option of buying another trophy for 2X Goat as the second 1000 points are taking an absolute age to earn doing Unique Summits.

2 Likes

3 Likes

I do not want to make things more complicated than necessary, but still think that it makes sense to try to find an ideal solution for the new trophy.

Three additional suggestions:

1. One could design a nice text and logo for a simple plate with an oak stand, like this one:
  1. A 3D/hologramm motive (e.g. a mountain with an antenna and activator figure) inside an acrylic block plus the SOTA logo and text on the front would also look nice, like so:

Maybe with a simple oak stand.

1. Or this one:

73 de Martin, DK3IT

2 Likes

lol Yes. I guess I have to check my facts first before posting!

I also might be making an order soon

1 Like

Lovely :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I also like that a lot. An added bonus is that it would be relatively straightforward to produce them elsewhere should the original supplier discontinue it.

With a professionally made artwork (maybe a little bit of retouching of the official logo) with proper typesetting (details matter :wink:), we could end up with a very convincing new trophy.

But again, this is just my personal taste and it is of course not up to me to decide nor steer this.

2 Likes

They are also available in a variant with oak just on the bottom:

As a side note, it seems recommendable to me for the MT to actually own the copyright on the trophy, and have it made to order, so that the MT has all rights needed to produce/update it any time later.

I would also try to avoid a very common trophy from a trophy shop, as it is more likely to turn into a dust collector - the original trophy was really something special, and if that is now out of reach, I personally prefer a clear cut and a new variant that is truly unique to this special community - rather than a trophy that may also circulate for golf competitions, sales performances, 25 years of maritial happiness, or other achievements from the wide range of goals we can put our energy into :sunglasses:.

2 Likes