Recoverd from injury and made an activation,thanks.

Sorry for the late report.

Thanks to all your support folks,I have recovered from the injury and was able to make the activation on JA/YM-001 by Backcountry skiing on 15th May.

JA/YM-001 Mt.Chokai is one of the best spring BC ski areas in Japan.
This route(Haraigawa route on the north face) gets accessible by car in the first or second week of May.

Hiking up the face with my skis on.Mountain hut is down there.

Looking up at the peak.It looks near but still far away.What a beautiful sky!

Good slope for skiing.Sunny and beautiful day.

Now I am on the ridge peak called Shichikousan(2229m).I leave my skis here and heading for the main peak(2236m).

Looking south-west.The coast is visible today.You see this mountain has a round ridge.

You see the real peak called Shinzan(2236m);one of the rock peaks over there.I have to go beyond the crater along the snow bridge・・・.

Walking south on the ridge,I could see JA/YM-002 Mt.Gassan.We can enjoy spring and summer skiing on Gassan in April,May,June and until 2nd or 3rd week in July although the snow area gets smaller.The site below is about the ski area. It is in Japanese, sorry.
https://gassankk.co.jp/gassan-ski/

Guide post.Down here heading for the snow bridge.

Hike up again on ski boots,・・・come on!

Someone is standing on the peak.

I set my antenna here to keep some distance from people.Almost the same place as last year.

Going back on the snow bridge.You see the traverse route on the right and guide post up there.

I am on the ridge again.The ridge peak there is crowded with people・・I keep away from them and put on my skies here…

Now I am back. Both legs are pumped up.

It was such a beautiful day.This place is located at just the middle of the mountain about 1000m above the sea level.

The foot is covered with plenty of trees,…may be the beech trees here.I stopped the car and took a pic. from the car on my way home. Water is very delicious around here.

…and my right calf…it’s OK now, thanks again.

JH7IOT Atsu

24 Likes

Atsu san:
Very nice report and interesting photos. I lived in Tohoku when I was young and return to Japan often. Maybe we can do a joint activation in Tohoku someday in the future.
Paul
VA6MPM

2 Likes

I concur, awesome pics!

2 Likes

It’s easy to forget how mountainous Japan is. Many thanks for the photographs.

2 Likes

Thank you for the reply,folks!

Paul,
I live in Akita city and please mail me(my callsign@jarl.com) when you come back here in the future, feel like going for an activation with someone, or need some information around here. :+1:

Hoping this Covid situation gets better soon…
Stay healthy to you all !
Atsu

1 Like

Thank you for the report and wonderful photos.
Regards, Mark.

2 Likes

Well done Atsu-san and Odaijini!

2 Likes

Atsu san,

welcome back to activations! Good to read all is ok.

おだいじになさってください

73 Ludwig

2 Likes

Thanks George,
Have a nice weekend !
Atsu

1 Like

Thank you John,
Oh yes,Japan is very mountainous and there are a lot of quiet mountains here in northern part of Japan.I seldom see people during my activations but this mountain is very popular and crowded in high season.
Atsu

2 Likes

Mark,
Thank you for the reply.I will try to show you different kind of pictures next time. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Good day!

Arnaud,
Thanks for the kind word.
I hope our Covid situation gets better soon.

Ludwig,
Thank you for the kind word in Japanese from Germany!
Have a nice weekend !

2 Likes

Hello Atsu

It is so nice to read that you are healthy and fit again.

73 Armin

2 Likes

Hello Armin,

Thanks to your advice,my leg is in good condition and now back in the field.
Thanks again and good day !

Atsu

1 Like