Rare milestone achieved by Ignacio @EA2BD

Besides the mountain goat, there are several other milestones that can be achieved. They are not in focus, but no less remarkable!

After reading the threat about the private challenges, I took a look at the S2S list.

I noticed that Ignacio passed the 5000 point mark in S2S with a spectacular activity on 2 Oct.

Congratulations on the platinum summit to summit award. Less than 100 people have managed that so far.

Hey Ignacio: did you actually noticed it at all :wink:

73 Armin

15 Likes

Congrats, Ignacio @EA2BD , on the 5K S2S points milestone reached.

I’m closely following you, but still behind… :wink:

Keep up the good work!

Guru

3 Likes

Thanks Armin for pointing the milestone, it is nice to see I have a fan club growing up,hi! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Nevertheless I wouldn’t say my activation was spectacular, just one more in my log file.

What I agree is that doing S2S contacts is quite exciting, breaking through the ongoing pile up with a number of avid chasers full of power… There is a special feeling when you do an S2S qso and greet a distant activator, that is perhaps dealing with wind / rain or whatever difficulty on his summit, and say hello and thanks for being there.

Looking forward many future regular and S2S qso.

Guru, I’ll see you soon next to mine, and probably overtaking. The question isn’t the position in a listing, but friendship and enjoying with nature and radio stuff, you know!

73 de Ignacio

7 Likes

Yes, I know it very well since you and Santi EA2BSB (SK) introduced me the SOTA programme back in Autumn 2013. I’m happily enjoying radio stuff and nature while very fortunately having your friendship.
See you soon after the 5K S2S milestone :wink:

Guru

4 Likes

Hi Ignacio,

Chapeau bas !!!
I am very happy to meet you in S2S so many times, last one on Saturday.
Nice to have a fun together - this is much more important than points :wink:
Points come themselves if the play brings happiness :wink:

73, Jarek

4 Likes

Congrats, Ignacio, on achieving 5000 S2S points :tada: :partying_face: :champagne: :balloon:
I’m happy to be one of your S2S-contacts on Oct. 2nd :+1:

73 and hope to cu soon for the next S2S-QSO,
Roman

2 Likes

Congrats Ignacio! I hope to have a s2s of yours in my log soon.73

1 Like