Question to our german friends

Hi all,

I have just booked a holiday in Bad Durkheim in the Pfalz area. When checking the surrounding area I came across some mountains like Rahnfels(516m), Eckkopf(516m), Stassenberg (494m), Hohe Buhl (443m)…but I cannot find them in the summits database.

As my novice license is valid in Germany I have plans to activate some SOTA’s . Can someone help me with some mountains that are valid for SOTA in the area between Bad Durkheim and Kaiserlautern preferably close to Bad Durkheim? It’s a national park called “Naturpark Plälzer Wald”.

We’ll be there from 7 till 14 august.

Thanks in advance

Peter

In reply to ON3WAB:

Peter een vraagje. Ben je van ON2 naar ON3 gegaan ? Indien dit zo iets, dan is er GEEN probleem. Je callsign is dan DO/ON3WAB/P. Indien je niet van ON2 komt … dus gewoon examen meegedaan van ON3, jammer maar dan is het NIET toegestaan uit te komen in Duitsland. Mijn zoon Nick zit in dat bootje. Hij kan dus NIET uitkomen in Duitsland.

stukje tekst vanuit de uba site.

(7 februari 2008, jd) We meldden onlangs reeds dat er een klein aantal landen de CEPT richtlijn ECC REC (05)06 toepassen. Deze landen zijn (7 feb 2008): Denemarken (OZ), Faroer Eilanden (OY), Groenland (OX), Duitsland (DO), Ijsland (TF), Lichtenstein (HB0Y), Nederland (PD), Roemenië (YO) en Zwitserland (HB3). Dit wil zeggen dat houders van een ON3-vergunning, waarvan de vergunning ECC REC (05)06 vermeldt (dit zijn ex ON2’s) in die landen mogen uitkomen mits zich uiteraard te houden aan de beperkingen die in die landen zijn opgelegd aan de houders van een zogenaamde novice-vergunning en mits het gebruik van hun roepnaam voorafgegaan door de prefix van het land, zoals hierboven aangeduid, gevolgd door een breukstreep. In Duitsland wordt het dus DO/ON3… , in Nederland PD/ON3… enz.

Luc ON6DSL

Yep Luc,

De vermelding staat op mijn licentie én ja ik ben van ON2 naar ON3 gegaan :o).

Ik hoop uit de grond van mijn hart dat U.K. die ook de foundation license heeft dit akkoord zal tekenen. Wij zijn nl. “Engelandvaarders” hi.

For the benefit of the others, Luc was asking me if my license would be valid in DL, because some of the ON3 licenses are valid, others are not. Luckily mine is, so I can activate SOTA in Germany. With of course the license restriction: 10w out.

The call would look like DO/ON3WAB/P. Interesting in CW hihi.

I am also allowed to transmit in HB0, OY, OX OZ, TF, YO, PD

Peter

In reply to ON6DSL:

Peter a question. Have you gone from ON2 to ON3? If so, then there is NO problem. Your callsign are then DO/ON3WAB/P. If you do not come from ON2… but only participated examination ON3, sri but then it is NOT been permitted in Germany. My son Nick sits in that same boat. He cannot make QSO’s in Germany.

Text from the UBA website.

(7 February 2008, jd) we recently already communicated that there a small number of countries the CEPT directive ECC apply REC (05)06. These countries are (7 feb 2008): Denmark (OZ), Faroer islands (OY), greenness country (OX), Germany (DO), Iceland (TF), Lichtenstein (HB0Y), the Netherlands (PD), Romania (YO) and Switzerland (HB3). This meanss that holders of On3-licence, of which the license mentions ECC REC (05)06 (this is ex ON2’s) in those countries the station can make QSO’s, of course to keep to the restrictions which have been imposed in those countries to the holders of a novice-license. There must to use the callsign preceded by the prefix of the country, indicated like above, followed by a fraction bar.(/) In Germany it becomes therefore DO/on3… , in the Netherlands PD/on3… etc…

Luc ON6DSL

Note: Via translation programme

In reply to ON3WAB:

Hi Peter,
plenty of summits around Bad Dürkheim.
Have a look at the google-earth-page of DO2KFC.
http://www.do2kfc.de/index.pl/sota-google-earth

From Bad Dürkheim you are close to Neustadt an der Weinstrasse,
with Weinbiet (RP-287) and Kalmit (RP-302).

I was on RP-298 and RP-309, about 20 km from Kaiserslautern in
the Pfälzer Wald last week.
Nice walk and good restaurants with excellent “Pfälzer-Wein” around :-))

Vy73 es good luck!
Fritz DL4FDM,HB9CSA

Thank you Fritz,

Sehr zum wohl … :o)

Peter