Quatar-OSCAR 100 satellite qrv?

My friend Torsten is on business at the Antarctic Station Neumayer. We want to get in touch via QO100 later this week.
That’s why I want to test my rig at a summit this afternoon. If someone could spontaneously chase me, I would be happy.
73 Chris

5 Likes

Chris,
I can chase you!
Tell me time and qrg.
73 Karl

1 Like

Tnx Karl. Because of the forecast rain I will only have a Pota activation. The time is planned from 1230 loc. Qrv above the PSK beacon.
I hope everything works out, I haven’t used the station for 3 years.
73 Chris

Ok!

10.489.785 qrv

4 Likes

Karl, du hast eine Nachricht im Reflektor 73 Chris

Leider konnte ich dich im pileup nicht mehr sinnvoll weitergeben, Karl.

2 Likes

Chris,

Congratulations! Very interesting to see what can be done with a small dish.

Can you please give a bit more detail of your equipment? Specifically, the pre-amp and power amp?

John

1 Like

Tnx John. It was a few years ago when I build this and the units are no longer available today.

I use the 20W 2.4Ghz from SG-lab as a power amplifier. The current version now only requires 40mW input power. That make it easier. The Pluto with approx.1mW out can be amplified by a preamp with approx. 20db. I guess, you find a recent preamp from China. This cheap units may work out of the box or require a improvement like in my case.
It’s very helpful to have a spectrum analyser and power attenuator for 2.4Ghz. But you can also use the Pluto and analyser software.

73 Chris

SG Laboratory Ltd.

2 Likes