Quansheng-good news

What firmware are you using? The SSB reception was a lot better than I’ve been getting on mine with one of the IJV mods.

73 Chris

1 Like

Unfortunately, this one is listed in the meantime as well. Publication date: Feb. 8, 2024. So no option for HB9 :frowning:

73 Jens

3 Likes

Hi Chris,
sounds like big additions in the version 3 firmware - I wonder who will operate on the “bleeding edge” when it gets released? Perhaps worth waiting for v 3.1…
It’s great to see you making contacts with the current version of the software. I may try some 2m DSB contacts once the weather gets a little warmer.

73 Ed.

2 Likes

Yes, the BAKOM pays very close attention to compliance with the very strict regulations in Switzerland.
That’s respectable but of course a shame for you.
I could imagine an exemption for radio amateurs who can and should use the devices responsibly and technically well-versed. A transmission of max. 0.1 milliwatt on 288Mhz on a Swiss summit should be tolerable. *)
The more you can safely adhere to the specifications with a simple external harmonic filter.

73 Chris

*) Military aircraft also use a dedicated UHF-AM band from 225.0 to 399.95 MHz for air-to-air and air-to-ground, including air traffic control communication. This band has a designated emergency and guard channel of 243.0 MHz.

1 Like

My expectations for the UV-K5 with the IJV software were 100% fulfilled.
It was clear that the receiver was open like a barn door (that’s what they say in DL), but we also know that from well-known manufacturers.
A narrow input filter and a lightweight portable antenna is my next building project.

Unfortunately I hardly have any chasers on 2m*) in the Hanover area, especially in CW

73 Chris

*) except Pom DB7AC, Uwe DK8OA, Jürgen DF9OA, Klaus DL6MST

1 Like

Hi!
UV K5 in action: IARU Contest and SOTA SP/BZ-053
Works well on CW and quite well on SSB.

vy 73 de Mariusz

7 Likes

Hello friends,
I bought one of these, $25 with tax.
I bought it as a gift for a friend who uses MS Flight Simulator and listens to AM Aviação (I’m a beginner at MSFS. hihi).
I measured the original antenna and the surprise: 1.1:1 at 144.400 mhz.
This is very good to take with the HF station, and will give good power output.
I didn’t install a MOD, but it will be EZGumer, better for AM.
Carlos
PY2VM

1 Like

I wonder if one of the FM broadcast band blocking filters that are around on the usual sites for €10 - €15 might be able to be adapted to cover the second harmonic by changing the value of the (SMD) capacitors or inductors? (I realise this is meant as a receive filter but at 5 w PEP - it “may” survive transmit usage).

Broadcast Band Stop FM Block Filter 88-108 MHz FM Transmission FM Filter for SDR | eBay

Or even better if operating the HT on 70cm - cut out item 3 (BPF) from the NanoVNA RF-DEMO board:

73 Ed.

Hello Carlos,
tnx for chasing me today on 10m in CW on dm/ns-115.
73 Chris

1 Like

And even if a device is missing on their page, this doesn’t mean that it’s legal to import/use/whatever do with it. That’s why OFCOM states on their page:

Attention: If an installation or a device is not on the list, this does not automatically mean that its conformity is guaranteed!

:cry:
73 Stephan

Hi Chris,
Nice to meet you
I really appreciate your attention to me
Good sign today.
Sorry for insisting on sending my call. I heard you and the other colleague S2S. Congratulations.
Until 13:00 UTC we heard Europe well. Always look at us.
Carlos
PY2VM

1 Like

What a great set-up Mariusz. Thanks for sharing.

Geoff vk3sq

I “butchered” an old Baofeng headset and soldered on a jack plug for my Bamatech TP3. Now a CW qso with DK8OA.

73 Chris

2 Likes

After cutting the small pin :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I quickly set up an experimental 2m band filter that suppresses spurious emissions and prevents possible overloading of the receiver. No rocket technology

73 Chris

9 Likes