QSL cards and SOTA

Hi to all,

I am a big QSL card collector and have already a 28 shoeboxes full with cards.
However I am not interested in SOTA cards for every summit I activated when it not DX for me.
I Always send cards for a first contact.

Yesterday I recieved a wave of cards from the UK, even from my SOTA start in 2008 from a lot of well known chasers like G1INK, G4OBK, G0RQL and others.

I wonder were they were stuck during the trip to my club? Also recieved May 2015 cards from the UK as well hi hi.
Record this month from DL, a card from 1998!

Hope to hear you soon, and please only card for first contacts.

73 de Hans PA3FYG

3 Likes

Hello Hans,
I also like collecting cards. In takes me a huge time to process them though - the main time spent is checking logs and then updating my logs (DXKeeper and duplicate yearly Word document with extra info’.) I first sort cards by priority:

1. Short wave listener reports
  2. Cards direct
  3. DXCC - new
  4. SOTA (sorry!)
  5. The rest.
    As regards receiving cards from SOTA activators I do like getting them because many of them are custom made for the particular summit with photographs etc.

My aim is to clear my backlog before the end of this year!

My oldest confirmation so far is via LOTW for 1986 (2M SSB).

Best wishes & HNY
Mike

Hello Hans,well you may wonder where they have all been?
When receiving cards from the bureau I had cards dating back from contacts up to 11yrs ago.
I have quite a large collection of cards and after giving up as qsl sub manager I also left the RSGB so no longer receive cards from the bureau.
I posted my intentions on SOTA hoping majority would read my decision to leave the bureau so hopefully all my SOTA friends have not wasted cards.
One of the reasons I gave up was the amount of presumed lost cards. H.N.Y. All.
Don.