QRM from my solar panels- PV- installation

Dear friends,
A few months ago I had a solar panels installed on my roof. It its working fine, but the result is a lot of noise in the whole short wave range, so I only can hear very strong stations. After further investigation I also hear whistles very 200KHz.
My dipole is placed close to the panels and I found out that the DC site of the inverter in the garage and the cables to the panels radiate the noise.
I just contacted the electrician, I am lucky he is high educated and understanding and he will try to help. However he is relying on the supplier ( Solar Edge ), because he is not familiar with QRM. The EMC commission of my radio club advised me to complain also to the Dutch Authorities, so I did that as well. I started my actions 2 days ago, so no answers yet.
My neighbour and friend at the other site of the street has the same installation, I do not hear that one at home, so it is very local. Near his inverter it is S9 also with only my finger on the antenna plug of my FT897D.
I see major filter suppliers have DC filters specially for the PV market, so I wonder if this will help.
Of course I can switch the installation off when I want to listen during daytime, or activate more summits hi hi. By the way I never had any QRM from professional antenna installations on summits, although they are sometimes full with it.

Meanwhile not chasing a lot.

Has anyone has experience with this kind of QRM?

73 de Hans PA3FYG

In reply to PA3FYG:

Hello Hans,
Not much chasing now here as well - too many jobs outside :wink:
I do not have solar panels but there is a lot of web traffic about the problem.
For example:
http://www.civicsolar.com/resource/Inverter-Noise-Emissions

Good luck
Best wishes
Mike

In reply to PA3FYG:

Has anyone has experience with this kind of QRM?

One other local ham has recently had problems, his neighbour’s system uses an inverter from the Far East, Korea I think.

However, not all PV systems are bad. I have a system on my own house, I have noticed no extra noise from the system. My inverter is a German made SMA one.

Colin G8TMV

Hi Hans,there have been a few instances of Solar problems in the South West UK.
A friend of mine in Devon had a similar problem have, a look at his qrz page G3PGA and you will see some of the problem he had.
He pursued it with the suppliers and has resolved the problem completely. 73 Don G0RQL.

In reply to G0RQL and others,

Thanks for the info all, and please keep reacting with positive or negative results.

I will keep you informed on this site.

73 de Hans PA3FYG