QO-100 Harter Fell G/LD-028

I’ve not been out with the QO-100 kit for a few weeks as I’ve be doing my Beach riding lately, but Chris M0KPW wanted a trip out and it needed an airing.

We decided on Harter Fell as we have both not done it before.

I did not know it was as steep, I really must see if I can cut down the weight of my kit bag.

After aligning on the beacon, I tuned and found Andrew G4VFL/P working Phil G3TCU, so I worked Andrew for the S2S and then Phil.
I then aimed the dish to Andrew and we worked direct on 13cm’s, he then proceeded to get out his mirror and had a one way Heliograph contact :slight_smile: over the 22 mile path.

I then went back to QO-100 to work G3VKV, G8BKE and DL6IAN.

Many thanks to all for a successful QO-100 activation, I’m hoping to be out Thursday or Friday to Stoney Cove Pike.

Kit

60cm’s Dish, POTY aerial, SG-Labs 2 watt Xvtr for 13cm’s up and a QO-100 to 2mtr RX converter, 2 x FT817’s and 8000mAHr Li-po.

Nick G0HIK

7 Likes

As the WX is so good this week, I’m going to sneek another one in tomorrow, Thursday 17th.
G/LD-047 Loughrigg, I’ve not done this 1 pointer before, last time I was going to do it, I parked up and saw all the “Kiss Me Quick” hats and decided to move to a more civilized (empty) part of the Lake District.

10489.700MHz. +/- around 10:00 UTC.

Nick G0HIk

Nice to read this, Nick. I will try to do my first qo-100 s2s qso with you at this time.

73 Chris

Tnx Nick for my first s2s on qo-100. Hope, we meet us there soon.

73 Chris

2 Likes

Hi Chris,

Many thanks for my first NON U.K. S2S today.

I’ll post today’s activity on the forum shortly.

I’m also planning to be out tomorrow 18/9/2020

73’s

Nick G0HIK