PSK from the Isle of Wight

Hi all
Audrey and I will be in the Isle of Wight 21 Apr – 28 Apr. We hope to activate the two SOTA summits on the Island on Sunday 22nd with the first at round about 1130 local time. On HF we should like to give PSK31 a try if there is any interest. Will call initially on FE and work the usual SSB chasers (hopefully) then QSY to FA and try PSK. We will then try 40 and 20, close to the PSK centre frequencies, batteries and conditions permitting.
All this is very weather dependent and may have to be transferred to another day altogether. We will be out of internet touch for the week so it will be hard to pass this information on but we will try to post intentions on SOTAWATCH. All spots appreciated :slight_smile:
Thanks and 73
Rob
G4RQJ

In reply to G4RQJ:
Will be looking for you on PSK31 Rob.

Roger G4OWG

In reply to G4RQJ:

Hi Rob

Will you be using a laptop or a pda?

Richard

Rob’s post to the 5MHz reflector mentioned a laptop…

snip>
We will be true portable however,
laptop, FT817 and inverted V sitting outdoors in a field/wood and would
appreciate any contacts.
snip>

Can’t wait… digimodes from a summit… cool…

73 Marc G0AZS

In reply to G0AZS:
Excellent, SOTA PSK31! I’ll be listening Rob.
Hope it goes well.
Q

I see a surge in “Toughbook” (Panasonic) sales… :slight_smile:

73 Marc G0AZS

In reply to G0AZS:

I see a surge in Toughbook (Panasonic) sales… :slight_smile:

73 Marc G0AZS

I see a surge in datalink cables and downloads of Hamradio deluxe

GW7AAV

In reply to GW7AAV:
I see electronic waterfalls…

In reply to G3CWI:
Yes Marc is right,it will be a cheap old laptop £35, so I can afford to stand on it by mistake, bit heavy for the high tops but we’ve just bought Audrey a new rucksack :slight_smile:

For those that dont have PSK SW yet… try MixW… (www.mixw.net) it’s one of the most popular digimode SW (very comprehensive) and there is a free demo if you want (or just go for Digipan if you just want PSK)

73 Marc G0AZS

Sounds interesting. I am activ on PSK (use Multipsk programme) so will be looking out for you !!

Have fun

Peter

In reply to ON3WAB:
Will have antennas fpr 40m and 20m, batteries and time willing will try these bands close to the nominal PSK frequencies so hope to catch you there Peter
Rob