Proof of FB HF short skip condx

Just now…

73 Phil G4OBK

5 Likes

Conditions were returning when I was on White Hill GM/SS-289 on the way home today. I thought they should have been better than I found and then when working Chris DL1CR/P I noticed the antenna was mainly laying on the ground, I hadn’t fully erected it :frowning: Still CW got through FB :slight_smile:

Unlike when you did it Phil, every field had livestock in them. Mainly ewes with their lambs. But I found the field with bullocks it it when I was 50% across it. I crossed a raised bit and there they were sunbathing. Hmmm, bullocks are inquisitive so it’s best to avoid them. Then I saw one of the very big cows that was missing 3 teats. Arrrrghhhh! It was the King Kong of bulls and started bellowing a bit. Queue rapid horizontal progress to get to the edge of the field, the gate and safety :slight_smile:

4 Likes

White Hill, yes fields perfect for livestock for sure now its drying out.

6m condx good this PM and evening. ZS worked at 1455 and just now PY5CC. Not seen a PY on 6m for a goodly while. FT8 of course… V51 would have been ATNO but I missed him… too short duration propagation.

73 Phil G4OBK

3 Likes