Problems with the dabatase ?

Good Morning from Roma,

i have problem to delete one activation made yesterday, after push “delete this upload” the screen go “freeze” like this

any idea ?

73 And IW0HK

1 Like

I didn’t see anything obvious when I had a quick look at the servers. Can you PM/email me the actual upload date/time you want to delete and when you tried to do the delete. I can do a more detailed check then.

Thanks !! i have just send you a PM, but i have to said that now in https://sotl.as/ there is this

error message:

SOTA database error, try again later.

73 And HK

There is an issue between the DB app, the DB API and the DB The actual DB is working fine from my console. Summits / associations pages not working.

2 Likes

And now it’s recovered and seems to be OK. Leave the delete issue with me.

3 Likes

thanks !

73 And HK

There’s something specifically wrong with that upload that is causing an error which I will need to dig into. However, I can see it had no impact on the API system - that was functioning fine and returning requests without issue.

There was an issue with the old api-db, which is most likely where SOTL.as is pulling from (all the usual issues we’ve had that drove the move to new api-db.

3 Likes

Not sure if related but when I try and select GD from the associations I get:

Cheers
john

Hi John,
All fine here:

Perhaps its been fixed in the meantime?
73 Ed.

sotamaps.org is not the database.

For various reasons, a process copies large amounts of data to a local database that sotamaps uses. This was to ensure that sotamaps does not have direct access to the database. (This is how all the apps now work, the apps talk to an API and the API talks to the database to further protect database integrity.)

Sometimes the copy process barfs and then sotamaps.org doesn’t work. There are database copies every 12hrs ISTR so if you wait a bit it should all start working again.

1 Like

Nope, that error message is just the same problem we had before with old api-db, not a sync problem. They share the same backend at this point and occasionally it falls over. The new API has been chugging along nicely and doesn’t seem to fall over in this manner (though it has other failure modes occasionally), so eventually the old one will be retired.

2 Likes

All good now - cheers

John

1 Like

The underlying bug is fixed. The upload in question is now deleted as well.

3 Likes

@VK3ARR

Having problems with uploading my recent activator log … could not upload it as ADI-file and also not as CSV-file, getting this error message:

It was not possible to upload the log to the old database as well … getting this error message:

73 Martin, OE5REO

1 Like

Should be OK now.

3 Likes

Thanks Andy for the quick fix … the upload worked now!

2 Likes