Problem with sotawaatch2

on sotawach2 when you click on summits then associations then regions then on your right there is the bit saying My Activations and my Chases and you have 1 or 2 so on but the numbers are not there???.

Ricky

In reply to MW6GWR:

Looks like a database link is broken.

In reply to G3CWI:
is there a way of fixing it

In reply to MW6GWR:
I got some of it back when you go on Summit Information like gw/nw-003 i got Chased by You on: 24 May 2012 - 144MHz, FM but not the other bit yet.

Ricky

Bringing up the local regional summits ( http://www.sotawatch.org/summits.php?region=130 ), previous Activations column is all zeroes. Link is definitely broken with the database.

Barry N1EU

In reply to N1EU:
just check it all seems to be back so its ok now but this is the 2 time it has happen.

Ricky

In reply to MW6GWR:

Must be the heatwave… all set to change for the Bank Holiday / Jubilee weekend. :slight_smile:

In reply to MW6GWR:

I’d demand your money back.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

sorry but what???

In reply to MW6GWR:

In reply to MM0FMF:

sorry but what???

If you’re not happy, ask for your money back.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:
not happy with what. i am happy with sota ???

In reply to MW6GWR:
not to sound thick

Ricky

In reply to MW6GWR:

Don’t worry Ricky, it’s just Andy’s sense of humour. You’ll get him back one of these days… follow my example - I try to wind him up at every opportunity - the problem is that he knows I don’t mean it. :wink:

73, Gerald G4OIG

In reply to G4OIG:

Having a major sense of humour failure thanks to spam bot hosted on Amazon EC2 which is hammering the database. Well it was, tomorrow the logs will be either bot free or my email inbox will be full of complaints that nobody can login.

:frowning:

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

Ah fully understood… a complete pain in the backside that you can do nothing about. I’m currently miffed by a similar issue which has me stopping work several times a day to answer the home phone (who’d work from home?). If it isn’t a call about a government grant for loft insulation or a home security system which is now mandatory as I live in a crime hot spot (who says?), it’s a gentleman who keeps phoning telling me that I have an urgent security problem with my computer which needs sorting. Whatever happened to the good old TPS? Presumably there is an equally ineffective equivalent system policing the net.

73, Gerald G4OIG

In reply to G4OIG:

Well that looks quite an effective fix. If robots that spider your web site wont read /robots.txt and follow it then a bit a code in the relevant Page_Load() functions chops them off at their knees.

A bit more polishing in that bot swatting function and we’ll get some of our wasted bandwidth back.

Andy
MM0FMF