Problem with Putikeeg key

Hello, I’ve owned a Putikeeg Key in more than one year now and so far I’ve been perfectly satisfied with it. Something odd is happening recentlty though, for the first 10 minutes the right lever (in my case, the dash’s one) doesn’t want to work. Just after having pressed it for at least 5 minutes, it seems to slowly come back to life and then works perfectly fine until the activation is over. No similar issue with the left lever. I could live with this issue, but I am afraid one fine day the right lever will just refuse to collaborate so I’d rather prevent further issues. I have tried to tighten the wrench but it gave no results, other than being more comfortable. Perhpas others Putikeeg’s owners had a similar problem and can advice.
Thanks, HNY all!
Marco

1 Like

Have you checked the connections on to the circuit board? Maybe the solder joint is starting to fail. A replacement circuit board is available as a separate item, should the need arise.

73, Colin

2 Likes

Hello Colin, I have checked with the tester and it does not look like there’s some connection issue…the resistance goes to 0 once I close the circuits, the soldering work looks tiny and proper. IMHO it might be a mechanical issue, but I don’t want to dismantle the key unless it will actually stop to work at all…

1 Like

Maybe a dirty plug/jack or bad cable?

2 Likes

The ‘ground’ contact is just a circuit board stand-off (hex profile), maybe the plating has been breached and is causing intermittent operation. It might be possible to rotate the stand-off, offering clean contact surfaces for both paddles.

1 Like

Hello Colin! I had a similar problem. Disappeared after I removed the hand switch. I looked at him inside, he is very unreliable and gentle. I don’t insist, but I’ll try to check it out.