Posts for irritation

Does seem that posts on this site are for annoyance or purely for “thread generation”.
Seams that the radio side of things have gone out of the window.

In reply to G7JHW:

Does seem that posts on this site are for annoyance or purely for
“thread generation”.
Seams that the radio side of things have gone out of the window.

It’s just one of the many symptoms of PWBS, (Pre-Winter Bonus Syndrome).

I see you have similar symptoms having started a similar seperate thread;)

In reply to G7JHW:
Hi Bob

I think the number of posts is inversely proportional to the number of activations :slight_smile:
Bear in mind though that SOTA is more than just radio. Safety, walking gear, routes to summits and, dare I say it, clarification of the rules are all grist to the mill on here. I’m sure if you start a radio related thread you will get plenty of replies. I see you’ve been around on SOTA since 2004 this reflector is no different to the old one that was around then except there are a lot more users.

Roger G4OWG

In reply to G4OWG:
I do agree , however I find that walking , especially when new , can course some irritation .

Bob

In reply to G7JHW:
sorry walking boots

In reply to 2E0HJD:
Twiggy had a very slim figure , walking boots would look very big on her ,however more suited to July Andrews or even Tara Palma-Tomkinson(x factor) even !!!

Bob

In reply to 2E0HJD:

It’s not the boots I find irritating, it’s the boot shops that NEVER stock size 13 in anything decent…

In reply to G7JHW:
Back in the day when walking boots were made out of real leather you slathered them with Dubbin, waited until it had soaked in, and went bog-trotting in them! After that they fitted like a glove. With synthetics I believe you go out with a family pack of plasters!

Funnily enough I recently went out to get a pair of size 9s and all I could find was 13s (and 6s)!

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G8ADD:

…all I could find was 13s…

Where ! Tell me where!

Quote from sales girl in well known outdoor equipment shop: “we get quite a few people asking for them, but we don’t stock them because there’s no demand”

Says it all…

73 de Paul G4MD

In reply to 2E0HJD:
Tyres? What the heck are they, something new-fangled I suppose!

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G8ADD:

boots were made out of real leather

Ah… they’ll be the nailed variety then Brian.

Did you know they’ve even invented these rock boot thingys with rubber soles?.. I think they’re called plimsolls :slight_smile:

…and folks have started using runners that aren’t pegs… whatever next? :slight_smile:

73 Marc GØAZS

In reply to G0AZS:

Muggers and clinkers - with an old sock over them in greasy condx!

Plimsolls? Essential to do Tennis Shoe Climb on Idwal but they polish up the holds a treat!

My first nut runners were, in fact, 5/8" Whitworths on nylon slings…what the heck, they were cheap, and they worked (I’m still here, sorry!)

Brian

In reply to G8ADD:
Not really into boots , long as they work . Frank Zappa released an album in the 70’s called “sheik y booty” .This information may be IRRITATING to some !!!

Possibly moreso to Bobby Brown.

http://www.qsl.net/m1eyp/frank.htm

In reply to G7JHW:

Frank Zappa released an
album in the 70’s called “sheik y booty” .This information
may be IRRITATING to some !!!

Only because you can’t spell it right… Sheik Yerbouti

:wink:

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:
Yes my spelling is not good sometimes .