Possible MG activation tomorrow

Well done Gerald!

I hope the 2nd 1000 points give you as much fun as the first.

73, Simon

1 Like

Well Gerald, my XYL is happy to go out walking as far as she is able, even when the WX is poor. It’s the sitting for an hour while I am activating that is the problem. I have persuaded her to accompany me up a few HuMPs where the activations will be shorter on account of their being fewer chasers and I’ll set up the itineraries so that the activations occur at lunch time. Will have to see how that goes down.

73, Gerald G4OIG

1 Like

Ah, I see! This is partly why I go down the 2M FM route, usually means not much more than 30 mins for activations so Sue doesn’t get bored. It also helps that I use a hand speaker mic. So she can listen in and take part to a certain extent. I wasn’t kidding when I said above that she often corrects call signs etc. that I have misheard!
73 Gerald MW0WML

Ah well, you are very fortunate. After being licensed for 45 years and married for 41 of those, my XYL Bev has virtually zero interest in what is happening on the radio. Seen it all, heard it all. She will sit and read a book for a short while if suitably cosy and warm, but the limit on that is about 30 minutes max… hence the idea of lengthening the time period with lunch, but I suspect it won’t work as she can multi-task: eat and read at the same time :smile:

73, Gerald G4OIG