When I type in my activator logs, using the new database, I often do large logs with many entries. Many times there are several instances of two contacts made during the same one-minute time entry.
I always try to enter these contacts in the same order in which they were logged on the mountain.
Now with the new database, I’m seeing many instances where I enter the contacts in the correct order, and I check to be sure as soon as I enter the second contact, and then in a few minutes, the two contacts are upside-down, swapped, so that they are in reverse order! Of course they still say the correct time, but they are definitely being reversed after I have entered them.
At first I thought that these errors were my fault, but lately I’ve become more careful and watchful, and stressed out also, and I know the logging program is turning these entries upside down. There are more related issues:
Not all entries with the same times are being reversed.
Attempts to correct the reversal are often frustrated, as the system reverses the entries in a short time as I add more QSO’s. It also reverses other entries with the same listed times.
Tonight while I corrected one pair of reversed entries, I watched in horror as another pair of entries were reversed the moment I entered the correction for the first pair!.
Clearly something is buggy about how these entries are indexed. It is almost impossible to get a large log corrected, as each correction triggers another reversal! Then going through the whole log to re-check is an exercise in madness…
Does it really matter? Only entries with the same listed time are affected…
Yes, it matters, because checking the log for accuracy is much harder with reversed entries. They appear to be omissions at first, etc.
I’ve always taken some pride in getting my logs accurate, and I spend time double-checking, and this is a new issue - I never observed this problem until we were forced off the old system.
Please reply if you have noticed this problem - it is possible that not all users will see it. If you use a logging program and upload the entire log, you may not see it - and if you don’t go fast enough to get two QSO’s in the same minute, you won’t see it either - and only some QSO’s are affected, not others, in the same log.
I have seen this problem in almost every recent activator log I have attempted to do correctly.
I offer these observations in the hope that this will be useful to others in a positive way.