Phantom CW spots for HB75ZRH on Sunday, October 1, 2023

Dear all

HB75ZRH was spotted on SOTAwatch on October 1 for CW activations that took not place – see spots with spotter RBNHOLE on the snippet below. Due to a mismatch in RBNhole filter config, CW traffic from another fellow operating HB75ZRH at home triggered SOTAspots from my SSB alerts. So these contacts are not valid for my activations unfortunately. Accordingly, the HB75ZRH awarding facility shows only the entries from my own summits.

Thanks to Andrew @VK3ARR for updating the filter setting, this should be fixed now definitively. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. Pls keep in mind that HB9DIZ is not operating CW – at present at least, hi.

Vy 73 de Markus, HB9DIZ

2 Likes

Thanks Markus for the advice. Deleted my QSO in DBase. HB/SO-023 remains a ATNO for me hoping someone can reactivate it. Can it help to use /p after the callsign?

73 Roberto

I will delete it thanks

1 Like

I am confused I have a eqsl confirming our qso on the 1st October

Sure – why not, hi? You had a QSO with HB9ZRH, right, but the operator was my buddy HB9BQB, and he was not on my summit. So it was a non-SOTA contact.

73, DIZ

1 Like

Sorry to hear that, Roberto. But this is a nice and well accessible summit, so I hope that another buddy will soon activate it again. It’s a great place for friends of silver thistles now:

I don’t think that “/p” will help here since the base callsign is the same. And we don’t use “/p” on special event callsigns to keep the topic simple.

73, DIZ

3 Likes

Roberto, I told the local activators that you are looking for this summit, best on a weekend. Use best HamAlert to receive a message on your phone as soon it has been spotted. :slight_smile:

Vy 73, Markus

3 Likes

To be picked up by RBNHole the callsigns have to match exactly so if the alert is for HB75ZRH/P it won’t create a spot for HB75ZRH.

2 Likes

You’ve had a valid QSO with another operator using the special event callsign, just not an operator at a SOTA summit…