Pendle/Boulsworth hill video

A short video of my Easter Sunday activations of SP-005 & SP-008 has been posted on you tube, you can watch in HQ as well.

In reply to G1INK:

Another excellent video Steve :slight_smile:

It was very nice to work you on 5 bands on Pendle Hill, & 4 bands on Boulsworth Hill.

The weather on Pendle looked absolutely perfect!

Mark G0VOF

In reply to G1INK:

Nice video Steve.
You also worked a good friend of mine Rudy ON4CMT, via 2 m band (club QRG 145.475 MHz) past him to you a happy Easter. Om the moment I can not come out on 7.118 MHz, but it will change within a few months.
Until next time and video.

Luc ON6DSL

In reply to ON6DSL:
Hi Luc - after Rudy passed on your regards to me, I spent 5 or 10 mins working split (tx 7.118 rx 7.090) but this produced no takers. Lets hope we see you above 7.100 soon.
73 Steve.

In reply to G1INK:

Sri Steve, I was called away to join the Xyl to the store, so I was no longer QRV. We do this (split) over a next time.(sure !!!)
About above 7.100 … I aime buzzy with a design-drawings-plans of a 4 band beam 40-20-17-15 and a second mast with elevator-lift system. The idea is to use the Kenwood TS-570-DG for this antenna and the DX70 Alinco (work above7.100) together with de FD4. Hoop be ready after the summer period. Maybe I will make the modification on the Kenwood later …

Thanks

Luc ON6DSL

In reply to ON6DSL:

Maybe I will make the modification on the Kenwood later …

It is a very easy modification Luc, it takes 30mins max. You have to remove a surface mount diode or resistor. It takes longer to dismantle the radio to get to the front panel than it does to do the soldering. Then you have to put it all back again!

Make sure you save your memories before modification as you must fully reset the radio to enable full TX coverage.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to G1INK:
the video of easter sundays activations on sp-005 and sp-oo8 i founed it useful as i,ve not yet done a summit activation,will look out for more videos on you tube from g1ink.

In reply to MM0FMF:

Hi Andy,
Yes it’s true —> It takes longer to dismantle the radio to get to the front panel than it does to do the soldering. I have found some information on the Internet.
Actually, in first time I would like the Kenwood in its original state. But now there are many changes such as enlargement of some hambands like the 40 m band. So many Om’s come more and more out above the 7100 … so I must do anyway sooner or later the modification.
About the memory: I think there is no memory in it here, I have not saved or store some memory’s, or maybe the filter and mike settings. For the rest, I never made a change on the unit settings. Before I make the changes I must be 100% sure. If you may have a tip or more important information about the modification, PSE this is always welcome.

Luc ON6DSL

In reply to MM0FMF:

Hi Andy,

I have done the modification today. All ok.

Luc ON6DSL