Pedro Carvalho CT1DBS, SOTA Portugal Association Manager SK

Dear friends,

It is with a heavy heart that I inform you that Pedro Carvalho CT1DBS, association manager for the SOTA Portugal program, has become a Silent Key after losing a very long battle with the novel coronavirus.

Mr. Carvalho, a former Marine and professional firefighter, was interned at the ICU of Santa Maria Hospital, in Lisbon, for close to two months.

Besides his work in reshaping the SOTA program in Portugal, Pedro was a major force in other fronts, namelly in the fight against the takover plans of the 2 meter band.

In his last text to me, already from the ICU, he joked that it was just another summit to climb, so… best wishes for the ultimate activation, my friend!

And, last but not least, a word of apreciation for all the nurses, doctors and staff of the National Health Service, as well for all the people at the frontlines of the fight against this terrible disease.

Paulo, CT2IWW

8 Likes

What dreadful news.
My condolences to his family and friends

That is very sad. Condolences to all friends & family.

RIP Pedro.

What a very sad news…
My deep condolences to his family and friends.
R.I.P. Pedro.

Thank you Paulo for passing this sad and distressing news. Like you and others, I knew Pedro quite well having been welcomed by him when I went to Lisbon to do SOTA in winter 2016. After a day doing SOTA on my own Pedro, rang me at the hotel and we arranged to have a meal and drinks that night at the Beer House Restaurant in Lisbon. The following day I went activating with David CT1DRB:

Pictured left to right: Joao CT7ABE, Pedro CT1DBS (SK), Phil G4OBK and David CT1DRB.

Pedro was so helpful, you would not meet anyone better in life. Such a loss to SOTA, to his family and his wide circle of friends. Rest in peace dear friend, you are remembered in our logbooks, in my case we made 32 QSOs. Glad to have met you dear friend, rest in peace.

1 Like

This is awful news. I am very sad to learn this.

I have just one contact with Pedro - S2S on 22 October 2016 - G/SP-015 to CT/ES-007, 20m CW.

My sincere condolences to Pedro’s family and friends.

This is very sad news. My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Sorry to hear that Pedro CT1DBS is now silent key due to coronavirus, my thoughts are with his family.

Jimmy M0HGY

Very sad to hear this. My condolences to his family.

So sorry to hear of the loss of Pedro,my condolences. Don.

This is very sad news. Condolences to all Pedro’s family and friends.

Vale Pedro CT1DBS.

Ed.

Thank you Paolo. This is dreadful news.

I too met Pedro when I was in Lisbon in 2015. He and Joao CT7ABE picked me up from my hotel and we spent a very enjoyable evening together. I am fortunate to have had one summit to summit contact with him. He will be missed. Sincerest condolences to his family and friends.

1 Like

So sad news!!

I had one S2S witih him back in March 2017 in one of these EU VK/ZL events.
I didn’t know him personally but had the impression he was quite enthusiastic and very friendly by reading his comments in the reflector.

My deep condolence to his family. I will miss him.
73 de Ignacio.

That’s very sad news.
Condolences to Pedro’s family and friends.

R. I. P.

Condolences to all Pedro’s family

Very sad news…R.I.P

So sad … have no words for it.
R.I.P. Pedro

Repose en Paix Pedro !

I am very sorry to hear this news. I send my condolences to his family and friends.