Peak district and Snowdonia National Parks

PLEASE Activators if possible when activating The Peak District or Snowdonia National Parks. Please will you take with you relevant Reference Numbers for the Park. Details available on the POTA Web Site. As many Chasers collect these and SOTA References. This may also bring in Pota chasers to your activations, especially if mentioned in your Alerts. Many Thanks. Paul. M0CQE.

1 Like

The catch with POTA is that it’s all down to the activator uploading a log to the POTA site, so it’s not worth a SOTA activator giving out POTA references during their SOTA activation unless they’re also going to upload their log to POTA. That’s entirely the activator’s choice.

On the flip side, chasers don’t have to do any claiming with POTA. Chases (hunts?) just turn up in the table because activators have uploaded their logs. It really doesn’t make any difference to me, when I’m chasing SOTA, whether there’s also a POTA (or three) involved. If my SOTA chases get uploaded as part of a POTA activator’s log then I’ll find out next time I check my POTA stats.

I do occasionally (usually only when SOTA pickings are thin) specifically go POTA chasing, but it’s a different game.

4 Likes