Parking for Moel Eilio GW/NW-022

Following anti-social use of the parking area (‘raves’ etc) at the former quarry near Bwlch y Groes, a rubble barrier has been placed blocking off access.
Parking is now limited to about 8 cars, see photo taken today. There is some parking about 150 metres away at a double metal gate.

3 Likes

Thanks for the information John @G0MHF. Sorry I missed you today so hope you had a good day. 73 Allan.

A determined dude with a shovel could fix that it not much time :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for the picture John (and the activation!).

1 Like

(Off Topic). Locally many of the estates have now blocked many of the possible parking points, either by depositing a large boulder or by digging a “moat” and wall… It may well be a late reaction to the mess that was deposited post Covid by some visitors. ( In the lates here was a suitcase dumped at the side of Styhead Tarn whenI went up Scafell Pike in 2021… ) . I’m not sure what should happen on the future - it is difficult to use access rights if it is not possible to park…There is even the possibility that locally that may well be the aim of some of the estates …

c.f. common in Perthshire. Blocking parking areas with boulders.

https://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2690147

https://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/2695933

Are you volunteering, Andy??

And thank you for the 4th & final qso, Simon. It was too cold to hang around, even in the shelter, the wind chill factor was below zero. Besides, contacts seemed hard to come by, though the ever-reliable John ZPL popped up.
I had my wires crossed when I said I was visiting a friend in your village- he actually lives in Waun Fawr below the hill, though he was born & grew up in Rhyd Ddu at the house ‘Bron y Gadair’ opposite the railway & his late mum lived at ‘Cwm yr Afon’ which is in the terrace near you. I’ve been to both houses over the years.
I thought your call sign sounded familiar- I’ve chased you before as recently as last month when you were on Trum y Ddysgl. 73 John.

1 Like

You’re welcome, Allan. It was hard going to get 4 qsos, though the ever-reliable John ZPL & then Simon TJC (see above also) popped up. The furthest was a /M at Jubilee Tower, Abbeystead nr Lancaster.
I was using my new Yaesu FT65E for the first time & once I found I needed to speak close to the mic area, I got 59+ reports. I had the hand mic also, but didn’t get round to using it. 73 John.

3 Likes