P100 revision of the Allgaeu Alps

Hi everybody,

just finished the 1st revision for P100 on DL/AL. Surprisingly not less than 95 (yes, ninety-five) summits will kick the bucket at the end of the year! That is round about 35 percent and quite frustrating at the moment I must admit.

Bernhard, DL4CW

In reply to DL4CW:

Hi Bernhard, sorry to hear about the loss of summits in the GD/AL region, a beautiful region where I used to go skiing every year when I was in the army (Sonthofen, Kempten, Oberstdorf etc). I wish we could have p100 in England - we would gain 147% more summits :wink:
73 Steve G1INK.

In reply to DL4MFM and DL4CW:

Hi Mario and Bernhard,

Sri about these news, but we must admit that a great number of easy summits facilitates misuse of SOTA. Some hams forget that Sota is an award scheme, neither a race, nor a contest. It is not very serious to earn more than 100pts a day for an activator.
Without so easy summits, I hope that all will return in normalty.

But I think that It could have been good without abuses.

Best 73
Alain F6ENO

In reply to DL4MFM:
I’d like to answer your question Mario - but we are not allowed to mention that topic for 12 months :frowning:

Roger G4OWG (have a look at topic ‘Humps - yes or no’ )

In reply to DL4MFM:

It may not be your fault, Mario, sometimes we Brits don’t write good English (me, too, also!)

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G8ADD:

In reply to DL4MFM:

It may not be your fault, Mario, sometimes we Brits don’t write good
English (me, too, also!)

Brian G8ADD

That’s coz you are a Brummy Brian, you don’t talk proper like wot we do up norf;-)

Mike

In reply to GW0DSP:
Yowm royt there, ar kid!

Brian G8ADD

In reply to GW0DSP:
Actually Michael ‘up North’ we don’t talk like the domiciles of Wales, which if my memory serves me right, is not in Northern England. Please use the Queen’s English on here.

‘al Sythee’ :slight_smile:

Roger G4OWG

In reply to F6ENO:

Hi Alain

You wrote… SOTA is an award scheme.
In the presently installed scoring system there are easy assocs and difficult assocs. ( compairing G, DM, vs. F, HB9, OE, DL)
From an award scheme I expect, that there are (nearly) the same conditions for all participants. This is given presently in no way.
What we need is a common scoring system for all assocs.

Best 73
Lothar DL3MAV

In reply to DL3MAV:
I’ve often thought the same, Lothar, but I haven’t been able to come up with anything that doesn’t have defects, starting with the great variation in morphology of mountains from pinnacles reached by rock climbs to plateaux traversed by roads. There is also the human factor, we need a range of difficulty to accommodate the young and active, the old and stiff, the skilfull and the beginners, and also in any fundamental change there will be winners and losers, and the losers will not like it.

Someday, perhaps, somebody will come up with something more universal than our present rules, but I’m not holding my breath…:wink:

Brian G8ADD

In reply to DL3MAV:

Hi Lothar,

In the presently installed scoring system there are easy assocs and difficult assocs. ( compairing G, DM, vs. F, >HB9, OE, DL).

In all associations you have easier and more difficult summits independent of the points.

From an award scheme I expect, that there are (nearly) the same conditions for all participants. This is given >presently in no way.

Thats the (impossible?) thing what the SOTA-MT is trying to do.
But how can you complain about a common scoring system?
DL3MAV was the DL-alps-ARM who listed the summits and ignored the P150-rule (or am I wrong?).
Otherwise it would´nt be possible that the DL-alps lose so many summits even under the P100-rule…

Vy73 Fritz dl4fdm,hb9csa

PS. I dont believe in one more activator with another scoring system.

In reply to DL4FDM:

Hi Fritz,

You accuse me , I have ignored the P 150 rule.

To this is to say the following:

The ARM of German –Alps contains the passage

There are three criteria for the definition of a summit:

(1) The summit and it’s name must be shown on the map TOP 50.
(2) The relative height of a summit compared to its surroundings must be around 150m.
(3) If a summit fulfils the conditions laid down in (1) but not those in (2), it may still be included in the summit list. The decision rests with the management team.

This passage was copied from the DM-ARM. And - that´s very important for me- it was accepted by Management Team.

Paragraph 3 allowed, that other summits could be listed.

So please , can you explain me , what I did wrong.?

And please no further discussion, it issues to nothing.

Lothar, DL3MAV

In reply to DL3MAV:

Hi Lothar,

I know about your good work towards SOTA in Germany and I dont wanted to accuse you at all.
For me amateur-radio is still a hobby, not agressive policy.

If you dont want further discussions, I wonder why did you write the statement in reply to F6ENO.

The reason for my answer to you was just the thing that you wanted special treatment for the DL-summits (no P100 or P150), but on the other hand you urge equal rules for all associations. Of course thats not possible.

Maybe we meet in Friedrichshafen for more, with a good beer :wink:

Vy73 de Fritz dl4fdm, hb9csa

In reply to DL3MAV:

Hi Lothar,

In the presently installed scoring system there are easy assocs and
difficult assocs. ( compairing G, DM, vs. F, HB9, OE, DL)

I agree 100% with you.
Few months ago, we tried to find a “common scoring system” for all associations, trying to be fair for all. We had long talk about some formula which could give same points to summits of all assoc. (for example : Pts = round( Height ASL / 100)).
No formula was good, so MT decided to maintain actual scoring.

My previous post was only against those who forgot (or do not know) what is climbing a summit (even easy), what is non contest QSO, don’t say ‘GD’ as told me my mother, etc…

And as wrote Fritz, it would have been a real pleasure to drink a good beer with all SOTA friends in Fried… but sri it is not for this year for me.

Best 73
Alain F6ENO

In reply to F6ENO:

Salut Alain,

I did´nt know that you drink beer :slight_smile:

Vy73 et à bientôt de Fritz

In reply to DL4FDM:
Yes Fritz… not only champagne… hi !
We are not very far from famous belgium beers… Chimay, Orval etc…

Vy 73
Alain

In reply to DL4FDM:

Maybe we meet in Friedrichshafen for more, with a good beer :wink:

Eine große Export-Bier bitte !

I’m there all 3 days.

Andy
MM0FMF

Without so easy summits, I hope that all will return in normalty.

Well, from my point of view, I’ve seen plenty of super easy “summits” in F/NO and F/VO.

73 Norby

In reply to LX1NO:
criticism is easy when nothing is done! it is easy all the time to reconsider already discussed points! we work with Alain on the new rules of the SOTA. The update will be made, but my wish it is made equitable way.
each one with its vision of the things! for my part j’ have much more respect for a French radio ham who reaches a true top at ten points, at the end of several hours d’ efforts, that those which spend their time running (if I can m’ to express thus…) to align the references.
but it does not matter, I do not make a point of judging the " exploits" ones and others s’ they find satisfaction there
n France we have a guiding line, the rigour. The invalid tops will be withdrawn gradually. The radio hams who do not comply with the rules or which cheat will be excluded. But this management requires much time, and sums of VOLUNTARY which work for the community. I pose a simple question with those which criticize the SOTA France: what sorte of jobs did you do?, or when it will put themselves at work to create a section in their country?
excuse me to react thus but certain behaviors are unacceptable and harm l’ ethics of our activity.
I m’ in would hold with these some considerations, which n’ engage that me.
I am neither a judge, nor a donor of lesson. We have all our defects. But me y’ test at least to be rigorous and to put my energy at the service of the others.
my best 73’s…for all
f5nep Lionel responsable sota France

In reply to F5NEP:

Well well. If DL (or DM for that matter) gets critized about too easy summits, I may give my point of view about France as well since I’ve been there and I noticed that those where I’ve been are as easy as the German ones that you critize.

Furthermore, there’s always been a “hidden” way to say that the way I’m activating is not the way you like it to be done.
It’s my choice to do it that way and if you don’t like it, don’t call me.

The rules are the same everywhere within the SOTA programme or are you going to consider a different set for France? I also don’t understand your remark about cheating. Maybe you could elaborate.

73 Norby