Outd Log by HB9GVC

This for me was the best logging app ever. I gave it a 5 star review. However for the past few months the spots have not shown. I tried contacting the author but got no reply. I even tried leaving a note on the App Store (Android).

When it works it is amazing. You can see who you have already worked as you go. For S2S it avoided double working.

I have tried cache reloading and uninstall/reinstall, nothing. The name database function is still working for me.

A brillant feature is you can export a CSV file and upload on the hill. I often upload before I am back at the car.

I do hope we can persuade the developer to fix it. Or even release it as open source?

Martin

1 Like

Thomas HB9GVC has not logged in to this reflector for over a year.

2 Likes

Hello, same problems with the apps on Iphone. Where OutdLog is connected to see the spots ?? On the SOTA cluster ??? If yes, Andy can you log on the cluster and see if there is any errors ?
73 Nico

Hi Friends,

I have the same issue.
I sent e-mai to Thomas.
I will let you know his answer here.

73, Jarek

4 Likes

Hello all.

As the spots in outdlog are not anymore working, I switched to vk port a log a few months ago (Android)
The spotting in vkport a log is working great, the other functionalities are equivalent/better vs outdlog. It means that the learning curve is very fast, if you used outdlog before.
Vkportalog is creating one log per day. Working well for multiple activations the same day. Vkportalog is creating CSV and adif files easy to upload.

73 de Pierre F5MOG

4 Likes

This issue happened before. See the post by Andy:

But I guess it is an issue in the app itself that is not closing the SSO sessions or reactivating them properly.

1 Like

Pierre

Thanks I will have to give VK port-a-log a go. One feature I love is being able to read spots within the app, so you don’t have to leave the app. Outdlog also lets me know, if I have already worked someone, which is useful (I am a S2S Junkie) LOL

Cheers

Martin

VK Port-a-log does the same. Swipe left to bring up the latest spots. Click one and it will populate the details from the spot.
Work the S2S, update RST and save.
I think there is also a colour code if you worked the station already :thinking:

2 Likes

Ha ha I have looked at it a couple of times but never discovered that! THANK YOU!

1 Like

No answer so far :frowning:
In the past it taken a few hours max to get an answer from Thomas.
May be colleagues from Switzerland may have any tips …

73, Jarek

1 Like

Spots issue is solved :wink:

73, Jarek

2 Likes

Hi Jarek

I checked with my installed Outdlog app. Spots are not working with me.

73 de Pierre F5MOG

Bonjour Pierre and Jarek,

Spot working but very slowly and not all spot are showing.

73, Éric
F5JKK

Edit : On iOS

1 Like

I will e-mail link to this thread to Thomas for his double checking.

73, Jarek

1 Like

Strange things have happened today. The Spots have started working (this is for the first time in over a month). However they are slow. Here are three screen grabs all taken at the same time. You can see Outd Log is not showing everything that the others are. This is on Android. With multiple refreshes on the Outd Log screen.

Martin

1 Like

I restarted my phone (IOS) and reauthenticated login.
After that last sport is from 9:25 UTC, now is 9:48 UTC and on sotawatch are 19 newer spots more.

73, Jarek

2 Likes

I tested now several times. For me it seems that it is working again.
Thanks to @SP9MA Jarek and others for bringing this issue up and solved it. Much appreciated.

73 de Klaus

3 Likes

I just tested. SLOW and really not in real time on my phone…last spot 18min ago, while on sota spotter, I have 8 more spots…
Vkportalog and sotaspotter are giving me same info.
73 de Pierre f5mog

Hi Roger,

I noticed that too.
But since today the function works again!

Joerg
DG0JMB

3 Likes

Thanks for the info Joerg @DG0JMB :+1: Works.

73 Marcel DM3FAM

1 Like