Out of band

Morning .
listening to a EA Sota this morning on 14350 note USB

Did not call him as far as am concerned its out side UK permitted band as its on 14350 and above the limited Freq here in UK if LSB be ok, but not on 20m.

Does the spanish 20m band go any higher than ours here in UK of limit of 14350.

Bit like to chase US Sota’s above 7200 for we don’t have that part of band and only way is duplex with in our own 40m band and RX to there above 7200khz.

All the joys of varying band plans around the world let alone with in the the three main ones of the world :slight_smile:
2E0FEH

2 Likes

Hi Karl.
I can’t find any country with 20 m going above 14.350 either. Therefore transmitting with a dial frequency of 14.350 and USB would be in contravention of the licence and presumably an operator mistake. Probably wondered why there was no QRM.

I’ve just checked my IC7000 and it will transmit on USB with a dial frequency of 14.350 000 MHz but not in any mode on 14.350 001 MHz.

Sometimes we expect too much from the equipment programmers.

Ron
VK3AFW

2 Likes

Unfortunately despite being a technical hobby with an examination some hams still don’t understand the fundamentals of radio.

5 Likes

Harsh but true :wink:

2 Likes

Or are forgetful, possibly when it dawned on him it was a classic facepalm moment!

5 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Out of band operation on 20m