Open letter to our fellow chasers

“Let he who is without sin cast the first stone”

1 Like

That’s very common here in Europe. It’s chasers who cannot clearly hear the activator’s words/sending and assume that if they called then the activator must be replying to them. They cannot comprehend the activator could be working someone else. Inexperience, wishful thinking, borderline cheating, poor skills, take your pick.

Who threw that stone? Come on.
Sorry, I thought we’d started.

2 Likes

I think we shouldn’t confuse nor judge an occasional mistake, which we all have surely made some time for whatever reason, with those long time established and recurrent bad operating practices of some OMs, which we all would like to see corrected, i.e. those mentionned in Mikel’s open letter.

Guru

5 Likes

… keep in mind this was the answer to a trick question from the Pharisees. Not really in the context of this situation here (but often quoted out of context) :wink:

1 Like

Annual poor operator discussion :white_check_mark:
As we are almost in the third decade of October, can we now go over to the 2021 winter bonus period debate?

7 Likes

Have I missed the EFHW vs centre fed discussion this year?

3 Likes

I’d like winter bonus points from when I start to feel cold right through until I feel warmer again.
So for 2021, January to June. First two weeks in October. However this week it’s summer again…

2 Likes

Because it’s raining?

1 Like

Didn’t you try to start this discussion recently?

Ahoi
Pom

I took a neutral stance so that does not count!

Nice try anyway to get the discussion going.

Discussions about antennas, gear or winter bonus are probably more productive than complaining about bad operating, because the bad operating posts are “preaching to the converted” whilst the actual miscreants either never read the posts or don’t realise that the posts are about them! :grinning:

4 Likes

Quite true, but there’s always a tiny possibility of reaching the target and we should believe in that.
Cheers,

Guru

1 Like

Yeah, especially as us oldies will have forgotten all about those long rants we posted previously and can enjoy writing them afresh.

2 Likes

Not just the oldies!

Yes. Raining and 15 degrees celcius. On Cooks Cairn, at least. GM/ES-033

3 Likes

I agree 100% with Mikel and his very polite letter. Everyone has a say but the tone is the same as i experiance on the hills. 73 Mikel just do not let them get you down. MI7WJL.

2 Likes

I knew there was a good reason for not fitting that TCXO!

Actually for me 100 Hz makes not so much difference. I think the codec in the little 2.4-GHz TX to my hearing aids anyway merges tones together. If it’s in the passband it comes through at whichever tone wins! Consequently my pile-ups always start slowly with a lot of ? ? agn ? ? :wink:

1 Like

Perhaps I could agree with you on the first two, but complaining about GR modifications, usually drives to “This is our award. If you don’t like it, make yours” answer, which doesn’t seem to be very productive, does it?

2 Likes