OK8CDX+OK8VM Tour agn 02/09/19-09/09/19

Happy to read that you are safe and at home :wink:
No :frowning: I missed a lot but every time happy to work the twin OK SOTA brothers :crazy_face:
I hope we can make a lot of more summits
truly
Eric F5JKK

This was the bench in the woodland park Eric I was working from yesterday. Unfortunately the graffiti merchants had got there before me… Victor was on a similar bench 50m away.

Have you ever had garlic soup for breakfast? There is a story behind this one, which I may tell another day. Our breakfast on Sunday morning at our Penzion near Hamr in the OK./JC:

73 Phil

6 Likes

Congratulations Phil and Victor for another successful OK tour.
I haven’t got any single QSO with you, Phil, IIRC and I tried it several times, but conditions were not favourable at all for me neither on 40 nor 20m.
I think I chased Victor only once on 30m with a very marginal signal and that’s all for me on this tour unfortunately.
OK land is usually a difficult region for me to copy when chasing SOTA. I wonder whether we possibly have too many mountains in between and the weak signals get trapped in the valleys during the signal hops…

Congrats again and have a well deserved rest now.

Guru

Remember those days of an almost guaranteed chase even with QRP? :slight_smile:

30m was the most useful band for me, Victor was a pretty decent signal here in the Yorkshire Dales. Phil was workable but weaker on 40 and 20m.

I stated above that I hadn’t worked OK8CDX this year, but I discovered that I’d had an S2S from G/NP-005 on my birthday in May :slight_smile:

Col