OE5AUL SK

Dear SOTA colleagues,

Peter OE5AUL has been quite ill and passed away early this morning. The ham radio community has lost a loyal SOTA enthusiast, and we will always have fond memories of him.

The members of HB9SOTA send their heartfelt condolences to his wife Sylvia OE5YYN and wish her strength during this difficult time.

With deepest sympathy,

Franziska and Juerg HB9BIN

2 Likes

I am terribly saddened to hear this news. My heartfelt condolences to Sylvia, family and all their friends.

RIP

1 Like

Oh, what a sad news!
I’m deeply shocked and very sorry for Peter and Sylvia.
Peter has chased me and I have chased him several times, both on SSB and CW. He is more than 30 times in my log.
My warmest condolences to Sylvia, Peter’s family and all his friends.
R.I.P. Peter…

Guru

1 Like

I am so sorry to hear this. Peter was always a cheerful voice on the bands and a first-class SOTA activator and chaser who I had the honour of meeting at more than one of the Friedrichshafen SOTA dinners.

My deepest condolences to Sylvia and family.

Vale Peter OE5AUL.

Ed.

1 Like

Shocking news, my heartfelt condolences to Sylvia.

1 Like

So sorry to hear the very sad news of the loss of Peter an activator and friend for
a long time on Sota.My sincere condolenses to Sylvia and family.

1 Like

Condolences to family and friends. RIP Peter

1 Like

My sincere condolenses to Sylvia and family.

Marcel DM3FAM

1 Like

I can hardly believe it, so sorry for this loss. It was always a pleasure to work him while activating a summit.
My condolences to Sylvia. I will miss him.
73 de Ignacio

1 Like

My deepest condolences,.OE5AUL has often been in my logs.
My thought are with his family.
Kind regard
David
G0EVV.

1 Like

Very sorry to hear this. My heartfelt condolences to Sylvia

73, Hans PB2T

1 Like

Very sad news…My deepest condolences to Sylvia.

Fabio

1 Like

Oh! bad news. I have chased it many times. My condolences to Silvia, family and friends. RIP.

1 Like

So sad to hear, Peter has passed away. Was always a pleasure to work Peter both as activator and chaser.

My deepest condolences to @OE5YYN.

73 de Michael, DB7MM

1 Like

So sorry to read this sad news. My deepest condolences to you Sylvia and family.

73 Lutz

1 Like

I am very sorry about that. My condolence to Sylvia and family.
73 Jan OK2PDT

1 Like

Sad to hear this. He was active on the reflector just 12 days ago. His reflector profile has now been marked SK.
Condolences to the family.
Jim.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that Peter OE5AUL is now silent key. My thoughts are with Sylvia OE5YYN and and the rest of his family.

Jimmy M0HGY

1 Like

This is terrible news. Sincerest condolences and best wishes to Sylvia and family.

1 Like

RIP Peter, had you many times in my log.

My sincerest condolences to Sylvia and family

1 Like