Obscure RBNHole Question

Weather permitting I’m hoping to activate GM/NS-073 this weekend, probably Sunday morning. I’m not sure about mobile phone coverage from the summit which means I need to post an alert so RBNHole might pick me up. But timings are fluid!

Looking at the RBNHole guide it says I can modify the time it will look for me by adding a qualifier in the comments such as “1100+4” and “1100-2” which means it will look for me between 0900 to 1500.

My obscure question is do these statements need commas between them, or can I just put a space ? Can I write “1100+4 1100-2” or does it need to be “1100+4, 1100-2” and does this need to be before any other comments such as my usual “QRS Please!”

A minor issue no doubt but finding out I did it wrong whem I’m on the summit will be annoying!

1 Like

Hello John,

maybe you will find it here.

73 Ludwig

1 Like

If you alert for 1200Z then S+6 means spot me until 1800Z and S-6 says spot me from 0600Z

Has to be capital S, no spaces and can go anywhere in comment but start is a good place.

2 Likes

Following this document: “The codes are case insensitive …”.

1 Like

Yeah, the document is wrong.

3 Likes

Do you have a link to the new document?

1 Like

Thank you, I found the answer in there and it seems no extra punctuation is, required. :slight_smile:

VK3ARR wrote

1 Like

RBNGate is not RBNHole:

3 Likes

Thank you I had taken the “S” (or “s” it seems given ongoing discussion) as a shorthand and you were, supposed to add the actual time. But it seems not and S/s is what you need to enter.

Late edit: I think I’ll use a capital S to be on the safe side. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

NO! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Roger!

Pull requests welcome

2 Likes

You used only S (uppercase) in your Blog but at the end you point to the mentioned document (with the information case insensitive)?

2 Likes

Pull requests welcome. Three question marks not.

2 Likes

As an aside may I thank you for RBNHole. I used it last week from another summit and it was just amazing when the spot appeared. I realise many others contribute to this, not least the owners of the RBN skimmers, but its still magical.

This weekend might be my first test when I’m not in mobile phone coverage and I will have to rely on it completely.

2 Likes

Sorry, please ignore two of them. I’ll take them away.

2 Likes

I’ll stick my neck out and say you’ll get a phone signal!

Cheers, Fraser

1 Like

I hope so but I can’t get a signal in Kinlochewe village on Vodafone which is what my phone has. But EE is working in the MiFi I have in the campervan. I could take it with me but Mrs M0WIV might object to being deprived of the Internet!

2 Likes

Well you know how to fix this problem then! :slight_smile:

1 Like