NP fun day

Many thanks to the organiser and activators in this excellent event.
Managed to work most of you but missed others - even living in NP land there are some summits I can’t hear on 2m FM from home QTH.
It was just like the old days when the majority of contacts were on 2m FM and there seemed to be a lot of new chasers active :slight_smile:

Roger G4OWG

In reply to G4OWG:

Roger

The band was certainly busy with contacts in progress on many channels simultaneously. Like you I did not get all the summits - some I never heard and others slipped through the net. As you say, it was like the old days. The activity these days is usually much more spread out across multiple bands and modes - so it appears there is less.

Thanks to all involved.

Richard
G3CWI

In reply to G4OWG:
Sadly, couldn’t hear any FM stations this far south (Glos.), but I am on a horizontal beam ;o) .
The Spots page was certainly busy!
Graham G4FUJ

In reply to G4FUJ:

The Spots page was certainly busy!

Several did not get spotted as they were channel hopping. Only G1INK/p was strong here in Macclesfield so Cheltenham would have been pushing it on 2m FM.

Perhaps there will be a WB Fun Day in the summer?

Richard
G3CWI

In reply to G3CWI:

In reply to G4FUJ:

Perhaps there will be a WB Fun Day in the summer?

Richard
G3CWI

I’ll start charging some batteries if there is Richard!
73 Graham G4FUJ

In reply to G4FUJ:
Why not organise it Graham?
My VHF (new rules) WAB was greatly enhanced today :wink:

Roger G4OWG

In reply to G3CWI:

In reply to G4OWG:

Roger

The activity these days is usually much more spread out

across multiple bands and modes - so it appears there less.

Thanks to all involved.

Richard
G3CWI

There is certainly more activity nowadays Richard and as you say it is spread out.
I was just surprised how much local 2m FM activity there was from chasers near to me. Obviously, perhaps, Chris had mobilised quite a few local new licensees to support SOTA. They certainly seemed very keen.
I had tended not to bother too much with 2m FM on activations as I felt it was in decline but as Fagin said in the film of Oliver Twist “I’m reviewing the situation” :slight_smile:
Any chance of 80m CW from SP-001 tomorrow? 40m inter G is c**p at moment !

Roger G4OWG

In reply to G4OWG:

80 CW? Sorry my home-brew radio only has 40CW.

Richard
G3CWI

In reply to G4OWG:

In reply to G4FUJ:
Why not organise it Graham?
My VHF (new rules) WAB was greatly enhanced today :wink:
Roger G4OWG

I’m not much of an ‘organiser’ Roger, though I’ve received another email on the topic, so will think about it. Middle of the year is usually a pretty busy time for me with other activities…

My new vhf WAB book is doing far better than my hf one!

73 Graham G4FUJ