Not Being Logged

Great to get you in the log again today on 40m SSB Allen. Thanks for Chasing! It was a tad windy on GM/ES-023 Brown Cow Hill, so I had to get in the bothy bag.

Log just uploaded now. :+1:

3 Likes

Another problem with a pile-up on HF is that it varies with propagation and signal direction. So while you might not be able to hear the hoards anymore, that doesn’t mean that there aren’t any. Often you will not hear other UK stations calling the same activator as you wish to call because they are too far away for the ground wave to you to hear and too close for you to hear them via skip. There’s also the complication if the other chaser is using a directional antenna.
On Teck, you were indeed my last contact however on Römerstein you were about number 45 from 64 contacts in that pile-up.
When there are so many chasers calling it’s difficult for both sides and activators have to realise that chasers calling may not be hearing all or even any of the other chasers!

Glad to have got you in both logs Allen in any case.
73 Ed.

2 Likes

Good evening Allen @2E0AGB.

I appreciate you and all chasers very much. I “chase” sometimes too and know what it’s like when it’s finally your turn to be heard. If you are not in the log, that is annoying. I can understand that.

For my part, I have had this case on many occasions and was happy and grateful when the chaser in question wrote to me. Often we were able to clarify the matter afterwards. In my case, I had these problems in CW - because a lot of logging was done in paper at the beginning. I couldn’t read my own written text very well because of the excitement and the trembling fingers :slight_smile:
As Tom @M1EYP wrote, I like to check the “who chased me” - as activator.

As we activators would be very sluggish making our QSOs on the mountains without you as chasers, I would say just write to the activators and ask why you are not in the log. It’s just a hobby and asking costs nothing. Of course, this also applies between us dear Allen :wink:

I look forward to our next QSO and don’t let you down! See you next time :+1:

vy 73 de Marcel DM3FAM

4 Likes

First Tom .Hi Tom I don’t know the activators in question and to search through every record would take weeks if not months. Andy did say he may get me a list so I can check them.
Richard what I mean by audio 4 is when you give someone their report it is something like 5 and 9 , well the five is what I mean by audio 5…it’s how clear and loud it is to me.
Best 73

2 Likes

Cheers Fraser contact was appreciated mate. Stay safe and well

1 Like

Always a pleasure Ed as You’re a Yorkie

1 Like